Failed to Join Instance Because Disconnected from server

That sounds painful! Hmm, are you able to remember the exact time when this happened? (You can find that info in your Log file in the Path of Exile folder)

Also, if you know the exact mods on the map, that'd help.

Did you get the crash just after you clicked the "Make party public" button, or hit enter to name the party?
Balance & Design
It'll be the client.txt file. If we're lucky, we'll be able to see some info on the map from where it is mentioned in the client.txt file.
Balance & Design
Turns out this wasn't a crash, the instance just timed out (lost connection to the master) and then failed to exit.

Normally if an instance times out it should close immediately, rather than hang around telling the player they're not logged in. We suspect there may be a problem with how the instance was told to close, so we'll fix that.

The "Failed to join instance" message is what happens when you try to join an instance that no longer exists (e.g. by trying to enter a portal that used to lead to it). This might be changed/improved in future e.g. by closing the portals if the instance no longer exists.

After investigating the cause of the instance timing out, it appears it was actually my fault. I happened to be doing some testing on the server your instance was on which overloaded the server a bit and made it lose a few instances (about 20 total). On the bright side it did uncover a bug, and I learned another way to upset the servers (best to learn that in beta, right? X_x). Still, I'm very sorry for the loss of your instance, and I hope it didn't tarnish your enjoyment of the game.
Could you guys please let us know the exact mods on the maps that you experienced this in? Fracturing?
Last edited by Support on Mar 9, 2014, 8:01:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info