Dual Totem Summoner with questions

Currently, my highest level character is an Ancestral Bond Life-based Summoner.

Build:

My current stats are:

Resists:
77/77/77/-28

Life: 2100
ES: 350

Armor: 600
Mana: 780

Gear:
Spoiler

I have been told on multiple occasions that my Life is way too low for maps and just for my level in general.

I too think there is plenty to improve on this build, but that is where I am at a loss.

What is there to improve on this build (apart from I guess the firenodes at the lower left, which are temporary.

I have had suggestions of going ES-based, and made a build accordingly:

This build lost all the Life nodes, lost Necromantic Aegis and the resistance nodes in the lower left.

In my gear, I have a shield with 32% all resist and 15% cold, this will make up for the lost resistances in the lower left, as my gear is mostly up to the task as far as fire resistance goes.

My current question is:

Will I be able to make the Life-based build work and if so, what would it require, and if not, should I go ES-based and invest in ES gear and if so, what else should I be looking out for if I go ES?
Last edited by Magikaas on Sep 23, 2013, 8:57:47 AM
having played a very similar build i can tell you your biggest problem will be mobs with charge and leap slam

With that amount of armor and life you can expect to be oneshotted fairly easily. Life based summoner its really easy to gear during the normal game, but in maps its completely another story

Your number one priority should be raise armor and life and stack on those granites

Else do what everyone does, go CI and stack ES to avoid one shots
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on Sep 23, 2013, 9:55:14 AM
"
Amiag wrote:
having played a very similar build i can tell you your biggest problem will be mobs with charge and leap slam

With that amount of armor and life you can expect to be oneshotted fairly easily. Life based summoner its really easy to gear during the normal game, but in maps its completely another story

Your number one priority should be raise armor and life and stack on those granites

Else do what everyone does, go CI and stack ES to avoid one shots

Thanks for the tips. I think that, if I don't get lucky on armor drops, I'll have to go either ES-based or completely CI, to avoid oneshots :P

Enfeebled map-Hillock hits quite hard, he took me down to 1500 or something, though that was without granite I think...

I'll check out my stash for items that might be useful for the CI build.

Not sure if I will redo this build or if I will level a new character to be a CI summoner, probably going CI at something like 50, depends on what I find :P
your problem is your gear. you need to stack more HP.

I have a question, why do you need to dual totem and be a summoner?

I am MF summoner and my minions alone are more than enough to do any maps so far.

i have done 75 maps alone.

trying to dual totem and summon is an overkill.

I tried to do archer summoner and it did not work well.

But, if you are doing it for fun!.

i think you just need to improve ur gear and stack as much HP as you can.

i am running 73 maps mainly and i can do it with 3k HP. and by the way i have no armor.
Last edited by poliboy on Sep 23, 2013, 11:20:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info