Do you think Act Bosses are a little bit underwhelming by design?

"
Mythicpoe wrote:
"
cavespro wrote:
You know the one thing I hated about d3 from d2 was the not being able to port out of a boss fight. The first boss fight I played in PoE right away was thank you. You can port out. I mean nothing like a 40 min inferno diablo kill in june 2 months after release as a tank barb lol. It was fun but the whole no porting was shit. And PoE pot system by far was a lot better to.

The bosses are easy by design to me here I think because resists just leveling or even in merc and maps. Just make them easy. Piety and vaal can be a little rough solo.

Peity shrine is the only boss not able to be killed off screen which I believe somehow needs to be changed. They all should be like this. Make them run after you or something when ur just owning them 3 yds off screen for easy kill.

er.. correct me if I'm wrong but I'm 100% sure you were able to take a town portal in a boss fight in diablo 2.. not sue about diablo 3 though..

Yea I said or meant from d2 to d3, d2 you could port, d3 you couldn't. It was instanced. Once you go into a boss room in d3. Can't leave.
They're intimidating because they will fucking oneshot you. What's underwhelming is a goofy Diablo who never shuts up and is not even dangerous.
The first time Vaal smacks you with his HAMMER OF DOOM, he becomes quite memorable.

Everyone I know who plays POE remembers thier first encounter with Vaal.
HAIL SATAN!
Last edited by tramshed on Sep 23, 2013, 12:40:12 PM
"
They're intimidating because they will fucking oneshot you. What's underwhelming is a goofy Diablo who never shuts up and is not even dangerous.

In keeping with the tone of the OP...

Well I mean, they did make diablo a woman this time after all
To answer the question in the title, I think both Vaal and Piety are brilliant and they are very memorable fights. Merveil, however, I find underwhelming. Maybe this is excusable since she is the Act 1 boss, though... I just wish that her second form wasn't a total pushover.

I think if she spawned a room full of Merveil daughters instead of the mini-squid, spamming freeze pulse in every direction as Merveil pukes nothing but exploding squid at you, it would match the epic-ness of the boss fights in act 2 and 3.
dominus going to 1shot many people
my english sux.
"
tramshed wrote:
The first time Vaal smacks you with his HAMMER OF DOOM, he becomes quite memorable.

Everyone I know who plays POE remembers thier first encounter with Vaal.

I know I do!
Getting hammered by a vacuum cleaner = you're playing melee

Well, duh
The boss battles are very unique and you can tell they actually put a lot of thought into the bosses. Compared to Diablo 3, for example, you actually need a strategy to beat the bosses in POE.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
"
Do you think Act Bosses are a little bit underwhelming by design?

Andariel = Kerrigan.
Duriel = Hydralisk.
Diablo = Diablo = (OMG!!) Diablo.

So you said, PoE bosses are underwhelming by design? Sure there, bro.
Put on your red shoes and dance the blues.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info