Is this game really going to launch with desync?

Desync is a horrible plague in this game.

Why in the world would you guys allow desync to exist in the game for 2+ years.

The community should be demanding a response from GGG as to why this is not fixed.

And to all the "desync is impossible to avoid" people...if you knew anything about net-code or had even common sense you'd know that is not true. Funny how every other online game in existence doesn't have a desync issue right?
I hate desync just as much as anyone else but it should get better one day.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Its really not that bad, and if it bothers you that much play a build that isnt bothered by it.

Also, they have explained why desync is here to stay before. Id rather suffer desync but maintain the integrity of the game frankly.
IGN
Last edited by MierenEronaile on Sep 22, 2013, 2:09:05 PM
"
Its really not that bad, and if it bothers you that much play a build that isnt bothered by it.

It really is that bad for certain builds and people shouldn't have to play a build they don't prefer because of a flaw in the game.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
"

It really is that bad for certain builds and people shouldn't have to play a build they don't prefer because of a flaw in the game.

Yea, I cant exactly deny that.

I just feel that desync is actually better than some of the alternatives. One of which is apparently letting the client handle more of the game which opens it up to hacking(this is ABSOLUTELY not ok, ever)

I would LOVE them to fully fix desync obviously, and I do agree its a problem, but I dont think its unbearable.
IGN
Desync is always going to be with us, in some form or another. Read the incredibly useful dev post about it the whole way through and I believe you'll understand why.

I have learned to accept it, and to anticipate it. Yes, it's harder for melee builds, but it's not impossible.

Going through a door into a room full of monsters? have /oos ready and use it right when you go through the door.

Running away from a pack of fast monsters? /oos as soon as you can.

Things like that will help you to live with our shitty uncle desync.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
All online games have sync issues. They all release with desync.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
All online games have sync issues. They all release with desync.

^THIS^

Now stop whining, everyone.
"
inDef wrote:
Desync is a horrible plague in this game.

Why in the world would you guys allow desync to exist in the game for 2+ years.

The community should be demanding a response from GGG as to why this is not fixed.

And to all the "desync is impossible to avoid" people...if you knew anything about net-code or had even common sense you'd know that is not true. Funny how every other online game in existence doesn't have a desync issue right?

i had the same problem as you for months. now i proxy the game through my linux shell (different routing than my retarded german isp) and i have a flatline at 30ms, all the 400-2000ms peaks through the evenings are gone. yea there are still desyncs sometimes, but it`s really minimal and VERY rare
ign: AdmiralThrawnx (Ons), Diavolixxx/Leavemealoneplx (HC)
if desync would get fixed, it would be awesome. I would play more melee chars at least, especially melee chars that using multistrike.
insane in the membrane

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info