Maybe I've missed a few threads or something, but dat soundtrack

"
Jonathan wrote:

In 0.9.12qq we will replace the current in game tracks with the remastered soundtrack versions and it should sound a lot better!

Is this going to be a thing now and you guys are officially calling 0.9.12.q the 0.9.12.qq patch ? Awesome !
Unviable build tester.
Fuse mechanics:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/21503
95% Crit Build Without Charges [0.10.1c]:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172438
My favorite are:

The Twilight Strand
Lioneye's Watch
Forest Encampment

They're all very ambient, mellow and have a lot of weight, without being theatrical. They don't make the game feel like a "sprint". It's more like the game is a long "marathon" for survival.

And I feel like they fit the game really well. You know, one thing I really like about PoE compared to say D3, is that you're not some super-hero character with 'epic' gear. You're just another bloke on an island, and the ramshackle gear you wear doesn't look all that different from all the enemies you face. I like that. And I feel the music reflects this quite well.

I could listen to those tracks for hours. :)
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
Last edited by ac429 on Oct 4, 2012, 8:21:14 PM
"
ac429 wrote:
My favorite are:

The Twilight Strand
Lioneye's Watch
Forest Encampment

They're all very ambient, mellow and have a lot of weight, without being theatrical. They don't make the game feel like a "sprint". It's more like the game is a long "marathon" for survival.

And I feel like they fit the game really well. You know, one thing I really like about PoE compared to say D3, is that you're not some super-hero character with 'epic' gear. You're just another bloke on an island, and the ramshackle gear you wear doesn't look all that different from all the enemies you face. I like that. And I feel the music reflects this quite well.

Yep, you really nailed it. The lack of theatrical bombast and pretense is what launches this soundtrack certainly within earshot of Uelmen's D1 masterpiece as far as appropriate game music goes.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
Yep, you really nailed it. The lack of theatrical bombast and pretense is what launches this soundtrack certainly within earshot of Uelmen's D1 masterpiece as far as appropriate game music goes.

Uelmen was the man. :)
IGN: Royal_Princess, Princess_of_Wraeclast, Vaal_Princess, Diamond_Princess
Went on the forum just to see if anyone else was talking about the soundtrack.

I really like it! I was surprised since although I did notice a few interesting pieces in-game, I didn't think they were anything stand-out. I was wrong.

Is the server down for soundtracks?

My download never gets out of starting...

Tried both MP3 and FLAC twice.
"
Charan wrote:
"
ac429 wrote:
My favorite are:

The Twilight Strand
Lioneye's Watch
Forest Encampment

Hey, i think D3 soundtrack did a great job of depicting lack of essence in story and visuality in D3. Soundtrack has to go toe-to-toe with whats on screen right?

More seriously, from what i hear from PoE i can say it depicts the nature of "exile" but i wouldnt say its as good as both D1/D2. But i need at least hundred more hours to pass final judgement.
Last edited by bgx on Oct 5, 2012, 3:34:46 PM
"
Badfinger wrote:
Is the server down for soundtracks?

My download never gets out of starting...

Tried both MP3 and FLAC twice.

It seems to be working for me. Are you still having a problem?

If so, can you PM "Thomas", our server admin, explaining your problem. He may be able to work with you to find out what is wrong.

Unfortunately since it's the weekend now you might have to wait a couple days for him to respond.
Path of Exile II - Game Director
"
They are all great and all but what I want to know is what happened to the original Fellshrine ruins music. It isn't in-game anymore nor is it on the soundtrack.
I liked it. It makes me sad it is gone!

Seconded. I much prefered the old Fellshrine music and would like a copy as well.
"
bgx wrote:

More seriously, from what i hear from PoE i can say it depicts the nature of "exile" but i wouldnt say its as good as both D1/D2. But i need at least hundred more hours to pass final judgement.

No, not as good as D1 or D2, goodness no. But within earshot of? I believe so.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info