Maybe I've missed a few threads or something, but dat soundtrack

I kind of expected them to have track numbers and be ordered as the areas are in game. Actual music titles would be cool too. Still great regardless.
Forum Sheriff
hooked onto merv's theme at the moment. kinda reminds me of pirates of the carribean for some reason!
Build of the Week 14
The first Righteous Fire/Non-Shavronne's/Shavronne's HC
Shameless self-proclaimed theory-crafting extraordinaire and forum crusader
The beginning of the Merveil theme somewhat reminds me of a piece of music from Battle for Wesnoth, yet it is pretty different.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Oct 4, 2012, 9:10:21 AM
"
tpapp157 wrote:
I kind of expected them to have track numbers and be ordered as the areas are in game. Actual music titles would be cool too. Still great regardless.

Second this! I made a topic regarding this in the Audio Feedback-Forum (well, about the track numbers at least ;) ): http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/52695

Soundtrack is great though!
Last edited by Larzare on Oct 4, 2012, 9:38:46 AM
I'm just glad I don't have to fight my way to Merveil's lair just to stay idle and listen to that track :-D

About Vaal Oversoul theme, why did I never notice how good that once is before?

Also, Solaris <3
"
Invalesco wrote:
hooked onto merv's theme at the moment. kinda reminds me of pirates of the carribean for some reason!

"
Jonathan wrote:
Path of Exile - Lead Programmer
I was hoping GGG would get some spoiler-free titles going at the last minute, as a lot of other game soundtracks do. Heck, I recall a huge (for the niche, anyway) kerfuffle when one soundtrack in Japan named a boss who wasn't actually a bad guy until the end of the game. The US release of the soundtrack renamed that theme and to refer to it by its Japanese name called down the wrath of the Western players.

Thematic or ambient names make for good spoiler-free titles. Skyrim's OST is a good example of this, as is Guild Wars 2's.

Regarding the quality comparison: yes, these are noticeably better than the in-game's. Especially Brutus -- you can hear him growling on the soundtrack. Might not be him but it sounds incredible.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
Last edited by Foreverhappychan on Oct 4, 2012, 6:51:57 PM
"
Charan wrote:
I was hoping GGG would get some spoiler-free titles going at the last minute, as a lot of other game soundtracks do. Heck, I recall a huge (for the niche, anyway) kerfuffle when one soundtrack in Japan named a boss who wasn't actually a bad guy until the end of the game. The US release of the soundtrack renamed that theme and to refer to it by its Japanese name called down the wrath of the Western players.

Thematic or ambient names make for good spoiler-free titles. Skyrim's OST is a good example of this, as is Guild Wars 2's.

Regarding the quality comparison: yes, these are noticeably better than the in-game's. Especially Brutus -- you can hear him growling on the soundtrack. Might not be him but it sounds incredible.

Good call, actually. I've spoiled entire storylines for myself in other games by listening to music from the game only to spot "Such and such's boss theme" and it wasn't anyone you'd expect if you weren't far into the game.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Solaris Temple is by far my favorite of all the tracks, I actually got the soundtrack loaded on my work computer this morning and had Solaris on repeat.

It reminds me a lot of the famous track in the movie Gladiator. But then again I'm pretty biased when it comes to Cathedral style or Gregorian Chants. Absolutely love them.
I talked to Andrew about the quality difference and he said that he remastered the tracks for the soundtrack.

In 0.9.12qq we will replace the current in game tracks with the remastered soundtrack versions and it should sound a lot better!
Path of Exile - Lead Programmer

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info