Maybe I've missed a few threads or something, but dat soundtrack

Daaayuuuuummmmm

I usually play with my own music playing blaring out PoE sounds, duno what I've been missing.

Scepter of God (Is this an act 3 boss battle?)
Merveil's Theme
Warden's Quarters (Okay I've listened to this in-game, but the mp3 definitely has more clarity over it than in-game, I think Ican hear brutus 'growling' or something!)

Those three are without a doubt my favorites.

*Hat tip to GGG and whoever composed these (Adigo Hutchings?)*
I've been on love with 'Solaris' for a while now. So happy to get it at high quality.

The Vaal Oversoul theme is far superior here too.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
I've been on love with 'Solaris' for a while now. So happy to get it at high quality.

The Vaal Oversoul theme is far superior here too.

Is Solaris Temple the act 2 temple? Or where is it played in the game?
These songs are even more amazing in FLAC, and "Solaris" is just breath-taking.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

They are all great and all but what I want to know is what happened to the original Fellshrine ruins music. It isn't in-game anymore nor is it on the soundtrack.
I liked it. It makes me sad it is gone!
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
"
They are all great and all but what I want to know is what happened to the original Fellshrine ruins music. It isn't in-game anymore nor is it on the soundtrack.

Worthy question!

Re: Solaris -- it's act 3 music, but the act 3 music was leaked a while back. GGG tried to quell that, for obvious reasons, but didn't mind me quietly grabbing the tracks for early listening pleasure. :)
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"

I'll try and dig this up for you if you really want it.
Path of Exile - Lead Programmer
"
Jonathan wrote:
"

I'll try and dig this up for you if you really want it.

Appreciated but I am sure you have more important things to do with your time than to dig up some old piece of music.
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
So I was just listening to the soundtrack myself and thinking "Wow, this sounds even more awesome than I remember!".

After a little while of this, I just compared the in game version of some tracks to the soundtrack version side by side and the soundtrack version actually *is* a lot better.

I'm going to have to talk to Andrew about this tomorrow.
Path of Exile - Lead Programmer
My favourite pieces are the Merveil and Vaal Oversoul themes so far. It's a shame that the fights rarely last long enough to hear more than the first minute of these tracks in the game (maybe except for Merveil on normal difficulty). At least that's what I experienced with my more recent characters, so I am glad there's a high quality version of the soundtrack available for download. :)
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
Last edited by dust7 on Oct 4, 2012, 8:17:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info