Cool Facts on Lord of The Rings films

Somehow while browsing the net I came across something that I did not know about the LoTR trilogy. There was a character named Gil-Galad who was known as the last High-King of the Noldor. Reading further this was the prominent clan of elves during this time period. I remember questioning the scene and just coming to the conclusion that they did a terrible job of making Elrond's double accurate. It still bothered me but I ignored it. There is a picture of him below.

Spoiler

Also, one of my favorite weapons in fantasy is wielded by this character. Aiglos is the name of the weapon Gil-galad uses but most Noldor warriors in the prologue wield some version of the weapon. Probably one of the coolest things I've learned about the movie so far.

if you know of any interesting and obscurely subtle things about the film post below please! =)
There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind
Another cool fact...
Spoiler
Peter Jackson directed some of the most boring movies in the history of film.
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
Another cool fact...
Spoiler

Neither a fact or about the movies. Fail troll is fail...
There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind
"
"
Wraeclastian wrote:
Another cool fact...
Spoiler

Neither a fact or about the movies. Fail troll is fail...

It is a fact about the movies(films). Watch Clerks 2 for the best summary of the Lord of the Rings movies(films).
Remember when I won a screenshot contest and made everyone butt-hurt? Pepperidge Farm remembers.
I thought I had watched the Lord of the Rings Movies.

Turns out was just watching short people walking in circles for 12 hours :(
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
if theres someone whos in no place to comment on peter jackson its kevin smith.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Kevin Smith is definitely an acquired taste, but so is Jackson.
Well, this isn't necessarily about the film, but more of the Lord of the Rings lore.

-Elves do not have footprints.

-There is more than one Balrog.

-Balrogs were created two at a time.
Some lesser known secrets about elves.

-Elves don't grow nasal hair.

-Elves secretly love steak & bacon.

-Elves fart quietly.

-Elves love NASCAR racing and football.

-Elves love Jay and Silent Bob.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

"
Thaelyn wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Kevin Smith is definitely an acquired taste, but so is Jackson.

I dunno, I feel like he makes the sort of movies I would have made when I was a teenager. I was about 17 or 18 when Dogma came out and I found it funny, enjoyed it a lot, Id already seen Chasing Amy etc. But Im nearly 32 now and I just cant do the bad fart jokes and the poo monster stuff any more, hes just so childish. Jay and Bob were funny when I was a teenager but theyre just like Bill and Ted/Beavis and Buthead for slightly educated kids, I didnt even watch jay n bob strikes back or whatever, I saw the trailer and knew I had grown to hate kevin smith. To me he felt like toilet humour and angsty teenage bullshit dressed up as thinking mans comedy, wink at the camera, see what I did there? I made a star wars reference AND criticised religion at the same time, the lolz!!! Yeah I get it kevin but its not cleaver and its not funny, it certainly isnt cool.

Red State was good, I don't completely hate the bloke. I have seen interviews with him since where he comes across as a nice guy, I really like him as a person, but I just have a repulsion to 'kevin smith' the director judged by his work. I dont think his movies are bad, I have friends whos opinions I respect that enjoy him, Im not criticising anyones tastes for liking him its just a personal thing where certain aspects of his style turned me off him big time at one stage and hes struggling to come back for me.

Jackson however, ok theres aspects of LOTR I would personally change but I think he puts together a good film, be it king kong or braindead id go back and watch one of his over a kevin smith film any day of the week. Braindead is childish but its that level beyond, I can enjoy a fart joke still at 32 but theres a difference between a 90s kevin smith fart joke and a 2013 frankie boyle fart joke involving dead babies, illegal sex and at least 1 celebrity fatality, you have to actually shock and disgust for a fart joke to work.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info