Skyrim sucks

If you really want better combat try installing the duel combat realism mod, and cranking up to legendary difficulty
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Im done downloading in 2hours..

Been considering trying it out for quite a while. Now it is just a matter of figuring out how many and which mods will improve the game the way i like it!

This guy has great vids on modding:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_4RotEtks0&list=PL96C073B0B8BFC01D

Hope they help! =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I really enjoyed Skyrim, but then Im into the exploring and stuff, I'll walk almost everywhere.

Im waiting till I get a new pc to play it again, I didnt even start the main story bits and I got a long play out of it. When I go back I want all the expansions installed though and the hd textures etc that I cant load atm.

Oblivion without mods Ill never play again, Oblivion with mods was epic, the combat became so much more fun, the graphics, the depth to everything. Same with Fallout 3, when you get those mods that buff it up so you are coming across groups of 30+ bandits with auto aim turned off things get hairy in cool ways. Im looking forward to modding Skyrim.

Its one of those things though, its like bladerunner, that movie just had this vibe that some people pick up on and it transports them to another place, you either get that from it or you dont, and if you dont its hard to explain exactly what is so great about that particular movie.

The combat in Skyrim definitely needs work, Im not sure fps is ever going to be amazing for melee combat using keys and a mouse, but I hope its something that will improve with their next full elderscrolls game. For those who just look at that open world and wet their pants Im sure the next Fallout game is going to be off the charts, cant wait for that.
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Been considering trying it out for quite a while. Now it is just a matter of figuring out how many and which mods will improve the game the way i like it!

Hope they help! =^[.]^=

Thanks.

But wow it's gonna take a while to check all those videos <(^_^)>

Ive had some time today while downloading to check out a lot of mods also, there's seriously many. It's like getting into all addons for wow or something all over, trying to figure out how to set up the ideal game.

I think elder scrolls has never really been my game, im more of a PoE/Diablo/Dungeon Siege type of player, focused on killing my way through monsters, but then again i love to explore puzzles and just random hints and things.. I was reading about this mod where it was possible to build my own settlement, however i wanted it, i could even aquire a dragon to guard it. Getting that for sure :D

I am also going for spellcaster and there was something i was wondering. I've read that i can get enchanting leveled and with some traits or something i could do an enchant that would basically give me 25% less mana cost on a spelltype like destruction. It should also be possible to get 4 of those types giving me free spells, but is it then futile to roll high elf, or will it still be better to use those enchants for something else?
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
www.skyrimnexus.com your welcome =) enjoy close to 20k if not higher mods to choose from changes gameplay completly, Be wary tho travler, you can only afford to have 215 before your skyrim will refuse to start running
the steam workshop is great imo, Im used to the mod manager from fallout/oblivion but the workshop is just look at the mod, one click, its installed, done, absolutely love it.
It has continually got worse throughout the series imo but I do actually have some hope for ESO. Shame about the subscription though. Elder scrolls merged with path of exile is my idea of the perfect game, though.
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
I also used the nexus mod manager. From someone who never really used mods, I found it very user friendly and a great program.
A few random Skyrim SCs:

GGS hammer (created within the mechanics of vanilla skyrim, smithing was finished, enchantments added later). If you play on master difficulty, a hammer like that is damn well justified. Oneshots Dragur Deathlords on master with a running power attack.
Spoiler

What Skyrim looks like with a nice ENB pack and some other graphics enhancing mods:

Spoiler

Completely overhauled the graphics, everything from much higher resolution textures to lighting, shaders, smoke and embers, and better colors, improved models, improved shadows, etc.

CPU: I5 2500k @ 4.7ghz
GPUs: Radeon 6970 x2 crossfire

Destroys skyrim.

Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 22, 2013, 12:49:07 AM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
"
Raycheetah wrote:
"
Crackmonster wrote:

Hope they help! =^[.]^=

Thanks.

But wow it's gonna take a while to check all those videos <(^_^)>

Ive had some time today while downloading to check out a lot of mods also, there's seriously many. It's like getting into all addons for wow or something all over, trying to figure out how to set up the ideal game.

I think elder scrolls has never really been my game, im more of a PoE/Diablo/Dungeon Siege type of player, focused on killing my way through monsters, but then again i love to explore puzzles and just random hints and things.. I was reading about this mod where it was possible to build my own settlement, however i wanted it, i could even aquire a dragon to guard it. Getting that for sure :D

I am also going for spellcaster and there was something i was wondering. I've read that i can get enchanting leveled and with some traits or something i could do an enchant that would basically give me 25% less mana cost on a spelltype like destruction. It should also be possible to get 4 of those types giving me free spells, but is it then futile to roll high elf, or will it still be better to use those enchants for something else?

Believe me, given that you could spend hundreds of hours in Skyrim, the time spent watching Gopher's vid series will be well-invested. Unless you're a textures freak, you can just concentrate on the gameplay enhancing mods. Be aware: Some mods (like SkyRe) radically change the vanilla game. However, they generally enhance the experience.

You ask about Enchanting; you are generally correct that a high Enchanting skill can drop Magicka cost to nothing. The magic system in Skyrim is pretty whack, and there are some mods which completely rebalance the magic system, for the better. So, if playing vanilla, you need to consider what enchants to use (and at 100 Enchamting, you can dual-enchant items, opening up your options). If you go with a quality mod, then all that changes. =^[.]^=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info