Skyrim sucks

I cannot for the life of me get into this game. So much walking. Few enemies. Forced to make everything.

Just.... I don't get it.
Takes time. I thought the same thing when I started. I hated the combat and while the views were wonderful, the game seemed slow.

Then something happened. I got my sneak up and started killing everything with my dagger (includes Dragons) as my primary weapon. Then I maxed out my pickpocketing and started stealing the clothes off of people while they were wearing them! Fucking funny as shit!

Try doing the little missions. They help build up your stats and you start to find better gear as you level higher.

Lots of hidden areas too.

I tried Planetside 2 today and after I found you can't bind keys or even change the mouse axis, I deleted it. Very disappointed.
I was a little disappointed with it, but I love the Elder Scrolls games so I played the shit out of it anyway.
We tested it extensively
I keep trying to push myself further. I really do. And yes, for how quite amazing the game looks with mods, the combat leaves sooo much to be desired.

This is a game I want to like. At least as a pick up here and there thing. But it seems like walk for 30 min, kill some enemies. Walk for another 30. Or if you have a horse, 20 min.

Ill keep giving it a whirl. But I just dont get why someone is forced, so far at least. To enchant items. Or use the grindstone.

Edit. And I like the idea of the level up. But even with doing side quests, I find myself not having anything to use points on.
Last edited by SL4Y3R on Sep 20, 2013, 11:04:12 PM
Its boring.

Once you start to fast travel. The size of the world actually becomes counter productive as you just click on the map. For the exact same reason you stated... a 30 minute walk to kill 5 bandits.

Some may say "oh but there are things on the way" ... meh, there are wolves, some random bandits.. but they are all the same and all equally irrelevant.

I tried really heard to get into it by finding side quests and so on, but it just becomes a chore too fast.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
Each action, like blacksmithing and such adds points to your character and help it level. Once you get a few places, use the map function to jump between areas quickly.

And yes, combat takes time. It grew in me like a fungus. No wait that is a fungus! I got to go!
Skyrim is fucking awesome.

"So much walking"

>> Step your fast travel skills up brah.

"Few enemies"

>> Step your mod game up brah. I actually kind of agree with this but it's really for the sake of balance. There are points when you will fight lots of mobs and with tons of mods you can fight multiple dragons and increase all mob spawns.

"Forced to make everything"

Lol. You can win the game without making a single item. Enchanted dragon tier items drop late game, not like you even need them. Sneak is overpowered, just sneak around using invisibility (50 illusion) and you win the game super easy. But that's a cheesy strategy to use, I'd recommend playing a bit more manly before cheesing like that.

"Just.... I don't get it."

Well no wonder you aren't having fun, eh? :p
Nice, li'l sandbox game. Perfect fit for exploration geeks, like me. Combat, especially early on, can be challenging (and Divines forfend should you get hired thugs after you at low level!), so, yeah, fights aren't around every corner.

The magic system is borked, and doesn't scale like the rest of the combat system. But this, and just about any other issue (except mebbe pacing) can be handily resolved if you're on PC, since there are a blue zillion mods to address 'em.

Sorry if it just dun do it for you, man. Diff'rent strokes and all that. ='[.]'=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
I hated it too OP.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
I love Skyrim. So much exploration. To each is own, though.
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info