SUPPORTERS....Prepare and Beware

[quote="Ludvator"]yes GGG fix lightspeed or i quit[/quote]
Last edited by skinnay on Jan 12, 2015, 8:39:43 AM
As a former forum moderator that used to be on the IGN forums, I can tell you that this board system here is no where near 'draconian' and I doubt GGG will be going that far. However, even if they did - and I know the whole 'draconian' thing is purely subjective - I would be quite happy if that ended up being the case. The sheer amount of insults, vitriol towards other people from both sides, obvious troll posts and topics, and other things that aren't being dealt with is showing quite poorly on the moderation staff. I know working as a moderator is a thankless job and I could certainly go on a very long rant and suggestion thing about how the moderation system here could be improved overall, but I do hope that bans and probations are handed out a bit more often when they are needed.

Like it or not, a game's perception is affected by its online forum community and the moderation staff is part of that. It's one of the reasons I dislike the Blizzard forums so much...their moderating staff is horrible, not part of the community as they should be, and just in general do a piss-poor job. Ah well...here's hoping the GGG forums get better soon. :)
OP is out of his mind... I've been following this game since before it went into closed beta and I was in on the first day of it... These devs receive criticism better than any team I've dealt with (looking at you, Blizzard).
"Life is a tragedy when seen in close-up, but a comedy in long-shot." - Charlie Chaplin
"
skinnay wrote:
"
reboticon wrote:
I'm of the opinion that they remove far too little. This is the only forum I frequent where people can't be troubled to act like adults. I welcome such changes with open arms and will probably give MORE if they are true.

please link some examples of forums you frequent where people DO act like adults. i'm genuinely curious

Cracked.Com forum is notorious for their moderation. 50% of the people here would have already been banned.

(edit: In fact it was on the recommendation of some people in the cracked.com games subforum that lead me to this game.)

The rest are Technical Car forums, which are mostly about technical issues with cars but tend to have thriving off topic sections. Political posts there can get heated but the general "Fuck you" attitude exhibited here is not present.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
Last edited by reboticon on Sep 18, 2013, 6:01:48 PM
I speak VERY negatively about certain aspects of this game quite frequently.

Only time i was ever put on probation was for insulting someone.
The rules should get even more strict. Would probably result in a couple of probations for me but I'd be ok with it.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
It seems like Bex is the only one really handing out probation while the others tend to just "fix" posts and then post a "please do not antagonize" somewhere in the thread. I wish they would be a little more uniform in that. (Preferably as in more probations, but if not then less from Bex, I guess.)
what are u talking about ... damn i hope there are some draconian forum rules but i highly highly doubt it.

GGG needs to be way more severe in certain situations , as reboticon said 50% of the users here would have been banned in a few other forums .

Atm we see too much shit all over the forum , this actually is really bad.We are all here to give feedback but we have to learn how to do it first.Every day we see another arsehole acting like a dumb kid...

Does the game actually win anything from that? Not really , those threads sooner or later evolve to places full of ad hominem replies with the usual dev reply to not antagonize other players.

Its good to feel "free" in expressing your opinion but this is a little too much..
^ The worst (to me) is when new people post a thread asking basic questions about the game or wanting a feel for the game and 6-10 of em jump in to post how terrible the game is and they should never play it. I can't believe they let those posts stay.
Probably because moderating those posts is a double-edged sword. If they delete them/probate them then they can just cry censorship and more of them spawn. Best to just ignore them, and get a ignore feature in the forums sometime eventually :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info