LoZ Nostalgia Thread

Oh how I long for the days when I would play a game and could feel myself being immersed in a rich three dimensional universe. A time when developers wanted to create a timeless and impactful product. A time when games were so good that I actually remembered every character. An era where saving the princess had a purpose outside of arbitrary feeling that princess' deserved to be saved. A time when game mechanics were intuitive and not intrusive. I miss how important every aspect of the game was to developers that every field (sound, graphics, etc...) had to be above a certain standard of quality. I miss the common denominators being the focus of conversations between gamers. I miss the early days of online gaming because it was like the first day of school when you were a kid. Everyone was new and polite with some exceptions that were rare.

Mostly I miss the feelings accompanied by experiencing certain sounds in the LoZ: OoT game. I can recognize any sound in The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time and pin a memory to it. What a wonderful feeling I get when I hear the piano roll out those first few notes. A timeless feeling.

There is grief in wisdom, there is sorrow in truth
Yet, the heart of the wise is in the house of mourning
And by sad countenance the heart is made stonger in time
So, I embrace this burden and weep for the fools that chase the wind
They're redoing Legend of Zelda: A Link to the past on some version of the Wii here.

That was the last Zelda game I enjoyed, but not because I hated the following ones, I was not inspired enough to try them. They might have been fun.
There were lots and lots of shitty games back then don't forget.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info