D3 the reason I'm considering joining PoE

"
Kaj_Hiryun wrote:
"
cutt wrote:
Content Removed by Admin: See Forum Guideline C
Everyone is so quick to throw that word around. How clear do I have to be? Removing the AH at this point is going to kill the game(for me), better drops or not. If it was never integrated in the first place, like people were begging for since closed beta, we wouldn't be having this mass dilemma of people freaking out on the Bnet forum.

So no, I don't care if there ever was, and yes, I believe the game would have been better if it wasn't. Still could be better, however for the next 6 months, it's going to cause mass hysteria and panic among the population who actually use the AH properly. The loot system will only fix so much, the way people have been playing will be a difficult change.

Ok, please elaborate, how the removal of AH will kill the game for you? If you state that all would have been fine if it wasn't implemented in the first place? The only thing you said is it's going to cause the mass hysteria. And because of that it will kill the game for you?
IGN: Iworkeout
Last edited by cutt on Sep 18, 2013, 8:09:33 AM
Removing the AH from D3 is like removing a Tumor that is now 30% of a person's mass.

It would have been great to get rid of the Tumor at the start, but they didn't, now its so large and symbiotic with the host. That removing the Tumor will actually cause a great deal of damage and maybe even kill the host (I'm sure D3 will survive the AH surgery).

In other words:
Spoiler
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
Last edited by Velocireptile on Sep 18, 2013, 11:57:28 PM
"
Kaj_Hiryun wrote:
"
cutt wrote:
There isn't and won't be an AH in PoE so I can't see how it will be better for you.
If Diablo 3 never had an AH in the first place, I wouldn't have cared. However they put one in and now with much dramatization, are removing it.

I don't care or even want an auction house, I want a game that doesn't need one.

If you want a game that doesn't require trading, PoE is not for you. Try Grim Dawn or Torchlight 2.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
you should jump ship. To be fair I liked and still enjoy D3. That being said, I prefer PoE.
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
Kaj_Hiryun wrote:
"
cutt wrote:
There isn't and won't be an AH in PoE so I can't see how it will be better for you.
If Diablo 3 never had an AH in the first place, I wouldn't have cared. However they put one in and now with much dramatization, are removing it.

I don't care or even want an auction house, I want a game that doesn't need one.

If you want a game that doesn't require trading, PoE is not for you. Try Grim Dawn or Torchlight 2.

Trading in PoE will make your progression smoother and easier.

In D3, you could not possibly progress without Trading/AH unless people we're throwing loot at you.

You could argue that you dont HAVE to trade, but you will be severely gimped without it.
Which in a sense is fair, if you are making a Unique dependant build.

But if you build within your limitations (self found for example)then there is no reason why you need to trade.

My 67 Templar has self found loot exclusively.
My 64 Shadow has purchased The Blood Dance and will purchase a Blood Seeker.

The difference is that the Shadow was specifically designed with those Uniques in mind. While the Templar is based on being completely independant... almost as if he is my farmer.
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
"
Wittgenstein wrote:
"
Kaj_Hiryun wrote:
"
cutt wrote:

Is there even multiplayer in Grim Dawn right now? You can't really take it as an example if all there is is 1 Act without Multiplayer.

I like GD, i bought a supporter pack with acces to the game, but to recommend it based on (missing) features it has only because it's still in Alpha/Beta (can't remember which it is) just doesn't seem right.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info