D3 AH Shutting Down 3/18/14

I'm happy to see Blizzard slowly making D3 a worthy successor to D2. I'm still very sceptical when it comes to build diversity and replayability, let's see if Blizzard can fix that somehow.

P.S.: Looks like Blizzard getting rid off Jay Wilson and now Vivendi was a good thing.

P.P.S.: exorzist still mad lel
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
Last edited by Xavderion on Sep 18, 2013, 6:25:59 AM
"
Xavderion wrote:
I'm happy to see Blizzard slowly making D3 a worthy successor to D2. I'm still very sceptical when it comes to build diversity and replayability, let's see if Blizzard can fix that somehow.

P.S.: Looks like Blizzard getting rid off Jay Wilson and now Vivendi was a good thing.

P.P.S.: exorzist still mad lel

I think I read Jay Wilson got put back on D3.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
Pretty mad that D3 could turn out to be the aRPG, where you slay monsters to earn your loot and your progress, while PoE becomes more of an instant gratification shopping game and even gates content behind that, then calls itself a hardcore aRPG.

I'm still pretty sure I won't give Blizzard another penny, my how things are flip-turning.

I'm pretty sure you will be able to trade in D3 still, just not with super-efficient AH.

Loot 2.0 tho, is the big deal for the 'loot hunting' aspect, as most people won't bother to trade (if it's similar to console version). Meanwhile GGG with their fixation over 'economics' and starving players off loot is antagonizing a big part of their player base (myself included, as I can't play the game as my own pace and enjoy because right now can only play pretty casually).

I think the 'lesson' here is: get rid of 'economicism' thinking and you get a fun loot-hunting ARPG, do not and only a minority will enjoy your game. The bastardization of ARPG's mixed up with MMOesque concepts has done a lot of damage to some games (both to D3 and to PoE). Unfortunately, D3 lacks the depth and style of PoE, but may as well be the game I end up playing more because GGG hates potential players like me.

"
knac84 wrote:
GGG hates potential players like me.

I don't think this kind of hyperbole is fair to GGG, even though I share your sentiments about the focus on the game's economy.

Frankly I just think the guys at GGG are too close to the situation. I think they're so enamored of the idea of removing gold that they aren't able to step back and look objectively at how their efforts work in practice. It's a common thing among those who create something and are passionate about it. That kind of passion is great and can lead to amazing work, but it can also blind you to whatever shortcomings your creation might have*.

* - Understand that I'm in no way suggesting that removing gold is a shortcoming. I think it's a great idea. I just think that the way they did it, while it may look great on paper, doesn't work well in practice. It has, essentially, just changed the name of gold, rather than removing it.
Malthael is going to reap GGG's soul.
"
Blizzard3 wrote:
Malthael is going to reap GGG's soul.

haha, making a new account just so you can troll the forum?
And you are not even good at it :/
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Not really a good decision to shut it down imo, gold auction house is not the game's biggest problem, no character customization and build diversity is.. That's what's stopping it from becoming good.
Old april 2012 account got stolen
Last edited by Freeslana on Sep 18, 2013, 2:18:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info