Season Four, Event 96: 8 Hour Party

"
Fightgarr wrote:
GGG has explained before that the reason the points are no better in longer races is so that people don't feel obligated to participate just to maintain their standing in the season points race.

That way, the "extremely dedicated" racers (i.e. those that actually commit to playing in an 8-hour marathon) get a slight points edge (as they should), and those that don't, don't feel like they are missing out.

Having given this race some thought today, I'm actually excited for it, even though I'll only be able to play for about 7 out of the 8 hours (at best). I've planned out my passives and quest rewards and everything :)

So youre telling me if this race awarded 20 points for 55 and 15 points for first that would be overpowered? thats still a horrible points\time investment whereas now its actually punishing to do this race.
"When I close my eyes, I see this thing, a sign, I see this name in bright blue neon lights with a purple outline. And this name is so bright and so sharp that the sign - it just blows up because the name is so powerful... It says, "Diamond Supporter."
Not gonna miss prime time television on a monday night for an 8 hour race, this is a horrible time for a race.
Unplayable for Europeans. Sadface :(
"
Morsexier wrote:

So youre telling me if this race awarded 20 points for 55 and 15 points for first that would be overpowered? thats still a horrible points\time investment whereas now its actually punishing to do this race.

No, that sounds reasonable... I would understand if they rejected even that level of increase, though.

However not scheduling this race on a weekend (for anyone!) IS completely ridiculous.
gonna watch lol quarter finals then do couple hours of this afterwards
I'm currently in the top 100 for this race, and just look at how hard I'm competing!

(signed out when I got 3 points) Ahahaa!
Desynced into a substantial damage pack 4 hours in. Died instantly. Why am I not surprised.
I think 8 hours is hard to schedule as a race ;) I saw it as a time for people to practice for the week race, who were going to nolife that, so I don't understand the QQ. Context is everything. GGG should cater for all, including "nolifers".
Return to this flameless sunder
Where exiles burn and the joyless wander;
Frozen lore beneath chaotic thunder,
Dominus returns to send us under.
I think it is just interesting for GGG to see how many runner would participate in such an event.

As we are 2 hours before the race ends and there are "only" 400 participants tell us and GG that such slots are minority races.

I'll be waiting for the end result and see what it would take to reach top20 of a class to decide it is worth to participate next time
Forums are SOOO much fun on patch day!

Casuals play because it's fun, not to achieve any goal unreachable with their resources.
We are playing for the next difficulty, the next keystone, the next item upgrade.
Not to feel better than anyone else.
Last edited by Fhedaykin on Sep 23, 2013, 11:20:10 PM
Even though I got first templar I can't say it was a very enjoyable experience. Solo farming just gets very tedious after a while.

Gear:

#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info