Monty Python and the Holy Grail is Epic

Nothing like people getting worked up over something they have no real knowledge of.

But I did read something from Scott Adams, the creator of Dilbert, that he noticed when he got hate mail for certain strips. If you put a person like Jesus near a situation where someone is doing something bad even though there was no negative statement towards that person, people will ink them anyway and get mad. Its about proximity.

In Life of Brian, Jesus was too close to the morons they were actually making fun of. Hence the hatred for the film they had not seen.
"
Moonyu wrote:
In Life of Brian, Jesus was too close to the morons they were actually making fun of. Hence the hatred for the film they had not seen.
I don't hate Life of Brian. If anything, I enjoy mocking Jesus. It's a good movie.

But it's no Holy Grail.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
The fact that you enjoy mocking Jesus probably means you are not an Evangelical type and not swayed easily by any negative press given to a movie you had never heard before.

But I'm sorry. Life of Brian was a much better made film. Python has said so themselves. You enjoyed Grail more? Excellent! Glad to hear it. I prefer Life of Brian myself, but would watch either of them with you and laugh my ass off.

Note: I can think of many other types other than Evangelical. But they are a better known to me group. (Grew up in Florida surrounded by them.)
can i just point out, even though i posted that video, that the life of brian isnt mocking jesus?
I carve and sell real animal skulls, check out my work here: https://www.instagram.com/victorseiche/
https://www.facebook.com/victorseicheart/
World first Uber Atziri as 2h and 2h RT build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1058950
Highest level char in Closed Beta, Wytchfindergeneral
"
VictorDoom wrote:
can i just point out, even though i posted that video, that the life of brian isnt mocking jesus?

Monty Python was quite clear on this point. They had no problem with Jesus and did not want to lampoon him. The entire movie is about the followers. When the movie was being cast, they went and found a serious actor to play Jesus and if you watch the film, he is never the part of any of the jokes. The closest coming when Brian's mother yells for him to speak up at the Sermon on the Mount.

Still, possibly my favorite movie scene ever, I think it was the Romans trying not to laugh at the names of Pontius Pilate's friend and wife that sealed the deal for me.
I believe my point that I would enjoy mocking Jesus was incorrectly determined to mean that Life of Brian mocks Jesus. I was merely stating that, even if it had, I probably wouldn't have had a problem with it.

Also, please stop derailing the thread. This thread is about how Monty Python and the Holy Grail is epic. Further violations will not be tolerated.

You have been warned.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 16, 2013, 11:02:26 PM
But I always win! I'm the Black Knight!

Spoiler
Nee!
And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.
One two Five!

Spoiler
Or was it four? Its been too long! Ah! my brain hurts!
I love Life of Brian, but the scene with the aliens was a bit too out of place for my taste.

Meaning of Life is good too, but not as good as LoB
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Sep 17, 2013, 3:49:30 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info