Bored of Path of Magic Find.

Been playing PoE for probably close to 2 years now since the early days of closed beta.

I don't want to play an MF sporker or a MF summoner. That basically means that I can't play the game past level 60.

I have 11 characters between levels 60 and 70, because for me...that's where the game ends. I can't afford to gear my characters to run maps and I can't get into public map groups because I'm not an MF'er (BAMF'er irl).

I love PoE and this is the best game that's been made in a long time. I just think it's really lame that the game has 2 options: a boring as hell magic find build, or making yet another CI *insert basic spammable skill" character.

I truly hope that the "huge balance changes" you guys are speaking of for launch are related to CI and MF...or else I'll be quite disappointed.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
At level 70 you can still get full exp from lunaris and 70 maps are a few chaos a pop.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Agreed. Although everyone flames D3, the one that I liked about it was that you didn't have to stack MF.
"
Agreed. Although everyone flames D3, the one that I liked about it was that you didn't have to stack MF.

You don't need to stack MF in PoE either ^.^ Just turn off trade chat, and play the game for what it is.. It's a lot of fun that way..
"
Ashwin wrote:
"

You don't need to stack MF in PoE either ^.^ Just turn off trade chat, and play the game for what it is.. It's a lot of fun that way..
"
Ashwin wrote:
"

"Truth be told, I have no idea what the fuck is going on anymore." Stephen Hawkins
i think you can do 66 maps with very shitty gear if you build your char right. just roll affixes like increased map size + more rare monsters etc. slowly but surely neat items and currency will drop.

Im a life based mellee templar and got lvl 81 now, playing maps till 72. With very shitty gear, and 99% solo, i tried playing with others but my laptop doesnt let me. if you focus on killing stuff instead of gear, currency, trading and IIQ/IIR you will progress.
Bad Seed
"
inDef wrote:
Been playing PoE for probably close to 2 years now since the early days of closed beta.

I don't want to play an MF sporker or a MF summoner. That basically means that I can't play the game past level 60.

I have 11 characters between levels 60 and 70, because for me...that's where the game ends. I can't afford to gear my characters to run maps and I can't get into public map groups because I'm not an MF'er (BAMF'er irl).

I love PoE and this is the best game that's been made in a long time. I just think it's really lame that the game has 2 options: a boring as hell magic find build, or making yet another CI *insert basic spammable skill" character.

I truly hope that the "huge balance changes" you guys are speaking of for launch are related to CI and MF...or else I'll be quite disappointed.

Honestly, why does everyone keep saying you need to run a MF build? seriously? I play completely (well, almost, I bought a couple cheapo uniques) self-found and solo most of the time. I don't run a MF build (I have 36 IIQ and 27 IIR), and I haven't had much issue with actually progressing.

I'm also a "casual" in that I only play a couple hours a day max, except on weekends, I have those off and get a few extra hours in =p. The only roadblocks I hit were 1 at merciless oak (I needed to get a bit more HP to leech more and keep up with his damage), and one in A3 merc battlefront/lunaris which I just decided to fudge on trying to gear up for and plowed through it so I could start using my 66 maps and gearing up better.

the necessity of MF is an illusion, I regularly get upgrades every couple days. Granted they aren't huge, but a few extra HP, a bit more armor, some more sockets, ect. every bit helps and eventually I'll have a pretty awesome character.
"
Ashwin wrote:
"

I WISH that were true, but its not. I'd love to be able to enjoy the game like that but the drop mechanics aren't made for that playing style. Etc, you're not gonna make any progress after a certain point. You're going to hit a wall that you will absolutely never overcome. If they made a self found league that had drop mechanics that could realistically support such a playing style, I'd love it.
Last edited by MrSmiley21 on Sep 14, 2013, 7:10:04 PM
"
Baristo wrote:
i think you can do 66 maps with very shitty gear if you build your char right. just roll affixes like increased map size + more rare monsters etc. slowly but surely neat items and currency will drop.

Im a life based mellee templar and got lvl 81 now, playing maps till 72. With very shitty gear, and 99% solo, i tried playing with others but my laptop doesnt let me. if you focus on killing stuff instead of gear, currency, trading and IIQ/IIR you will progress.

how do you roll maps? My whole bank is worth less than 1 exalt and I have like 20 characters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info