Season Four, Event 61: 3 Hour Party

"
Viperface wrote:
So now twice during these race events at the same place. When battling Brutus My character has gotten "stuck" to the point that Brutus kills me and I can only just stand there and watch.

Log. Out.

Man this was fun. I've never actually had the chance to play through the Act 2 story before in a race. Never even tried to rush it in regular leagues. I usually just plod along with beer in hand, using all my stash gear to faceroll it, so I didn't quite know what to expect. Turns out I managed to kill Vaal with about 5 mins left, which is a major achievement for me. Might have been able to hit level 25 if I hadn't rushed through Sarn to get reset the instance. Probably enough mobs left for me to farm the 8% needed to ding 25.

Had some great RNG. Dropped a Wurm's Molt belt in Ledge. Got a 100% IPD Short Bow in Ships Graveyard I think (that I never found an upgrade for), then found an Ignomon Amulet in Old Fields. From then on I played pretty cautiously as I didn't want to rip them to Standard lol.

Didn't really find any other OP gear, just a few rare chests with different resists that I swapped in/out depending on the zone.

Ending gear (can't remember half the stuff I had during the race)
Spoiler

My dumpster build...
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgIAAF4B0QguFfAZjhn-GwEk_SchfXWVyJuNoaSn1K_ru-PEotN-1QDcFeHb51Ttg_4J_rr-yA==

I started out taking the Attack Speed nodes through to Ballistic Mastery in case I found one or two OP melee weapons and decided to switch to full melee build (I did have a blue dagger and 1-H sword on weap swap and I used Dual-Strike through Terraces to Mud Flats, then back into Tidal Island to kill Hailrake... never getting Split Arrow again. Ever.)

I was feeling pretty confident and I found 2 pieces of gear with a little life on them, so I continued through to Aspect of the Eagle and got the 2 15% damage nodes after that around the time I killed Brutus. Thankfully this wasn't turbo, so Brutus was well behaved. Had around 133 Life I think.

Found more gear with Life so I went down the Bow Crit arm of the tree, getting the first 2 nodes before Merveil. Once in Act 2 I think I went down the middle to get Heart of Oak and Finesse, just for survivability, before going back to the start of the tree and getting the Evasion/Life nodes, then going back to the Crit wheel. In hindsight I should have maybe got the Primal Spirit mana node, because I was starting to have severe mana issues in the second half of Act 2. I had to Portal out of Vaal 6 times, but only 3 of those where to refill Life Flasks. The rest was to get mana.

All in all an enjoyable event that kept me on the edge of my seat. Only Weaver and Vaal gave me problems. I could have played a bit riskier, but whatever.

Finished #60 overall and #8 Ranger.

Oh, I was solo too, for anyone wondering
Incursion: @Ironclination
Hardcore: @Unbereavabre
Standard: @Halgondas @Risendelle @Risendell @SummonRangaSpirits
Last edited by IronMask75 on Sep 16, 2013, 2:39:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info