A musical question

I was talking with a friend and we were discussing what music, never mind who's the artist, that you prefer the most.

This is clearly my type of music I could listen to forever. (Even giving up my Pink Floyd!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEy7XyGU16Q
I've been listening to JJJ for about 25 years and have been exposed to most genres of music. My mood at the time dictates what I prefer. Lately I have been challenging myself by listening to dub step, I've always loved electronic music & hip hop.

Anyways my father played lead guitar for a Aussie rock band back in the 60's "The Masters Apprentices". The link is one of his better riffs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To5jBkaigYQ
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

The question isn't what do you like in music. I have Classical, rock, jazz, blues, folk, bluegrass and more on my Ipod. I love it all. No, the question is what type of music, regardless of the artist, is just your favorite.

Snake Lake is just an easy example for me to find to explain what I'm talking about.
"May those who accept their fate be granted happiness.
May those who defy their fate be granted glory."

Edel
BMBI, you are..., never mind.

Alexdaemon, that is two wildly different styles! Reminds me of what my boss told me about my collection. I leave my Ipod in the lab playing all the time. Well one day there was a rep from one of our customers and they were in there and suddenly my music went from a pleasant background type jazz to one of my stranger likes. They all stopped and looked at the player and the rep literally said, "What the fuck!"

Makes me all warm and fuzzy inside.
Hip-hop,hip-hop, and some heavy metal + odd songs from all genres.

Mainly only 70's-90's and underground hip-hop though, I can't get with the new generation of gangsterism even though the beats are pretty hot.

Here's the song that taught me hip-hop isn't all about bitches and money.

http://youtu.be/Q87e6zNRJ3s

Think I might start a music thread now...
A great deal of intelligence can be invested in ignorance when the need for illusion is deep.
-Saul Bellow
And yet none of you have answered the question properly. So I am swinging the ban hammer at all of you. No fair ducking Alex.

It had nothing to do with one artist or your favorite song. Its the musical style. For me its the smoky slow blues guitar. Clapton's Snake Lake Blues is only an example. Hell even the Kingsford charcoal commercial about slow down and cook is an example. The style is pleasantly smooth and always reminds me of enjoying a relaxing summer evening with friends.

Going to favorite songs and I range all over the place. Light pieces of pop shit (but done well) to very dark evil music. But if it came down to one style, this would win hands down every time.
Well excuuuusssse me!

Sorry Vicky, I went back and listened again and I guess they are all of the same style. You may duck the hammer. For now.
I think I get the gist now.

Seeing as I'm a old school raver from back in the day, I have to say my preferred choice in music style would be progressive trance electronic music. No particular song in general, I like listening to live sets if I can find them...nothing happens in a hurry but there are still uplifting moments to be savored.

My hippie uncle once told me (he plays the bongos and reads peoples birth charts and stuff) that electronic music has no soul, that there is no dead animal skin to beat upon, no cat gut guitar string to strum. I know what I like and electronic music makes me move, here is a link that is an example, but find something to do whilst listening as it goes for about 45 mins and sounds much better if your speakers are semi twinked.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYFA03HoAQM
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

Yes! This is exactly what I'm talking about. And I disagree with your uncle. What makes you happy is what makes you happy. Who is anyone else to say otherwise?

But it's late (5:25am local) and I did a bunch of writing on my laptop while checking the forum all night. Time for bed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info