Diablo 3 Is WAY Better Then This Shit Hole

"
alcovitch wrote:

"
Are they fixing the load-out instead of build issue?

Nope. This isn't an "issue". It's a different design choice. You aren't going to get a stat based skill system. Though, they are brining stat points back via Paragon 2.0

"
Or the "no randomized maps" issue across all acts?

The new act (Act V) is completely random (this includes all outdoor areas) and there is rumor that all previous acts are getting some kind of random pass done to them. How extensive this will be is anyone's guess right now.

"
Are they fixing itemization across all acts and difficulties?

Yep. Loot 2.0 will affect all loot in the game. Loot drops less often, but of higher quality. Plus they've added in a random chance an item will be a "Smart Drop" so the stats are tailored to the class you're playing. Also bosses drop a guaranteed legendary on first kill.

"
Are they fixing the entire stat system?

They aren't removing the dependence on your classes core stat, if that's what you mean. However, they are going to be fixing a lot of the useless or unwanted affixes as well as adding new ones.

"
Are they fixing the story?

No. And if you think they would go back and redo the entire games base story at this point(new class videos, in game cut scenes, CGI videos etc), then you're a little nuts.

"
Are they fixing the fact that you have to spacebar through it every time you play?

Not for the base play through. However, they are adding an Adventure Mode which will remove quests and story elements (no in game cut scenes or quest dialogue). This will also add Loot Runs which are 10 floor deep random dungeons with a loot boss at the end & Bounties (no idea how this works right now). This mode will also let you freely travel over the entire game's acts at will.

"
Are they fixing the dependence of on which quest you are at the moment? Or that you cannot travel freely between acts?

See Adventure Mode above.

"
Are they fixing the droprates for suitable items (like they apparently did in the console version)?

Loot 2.0 brings a lot of changes (along with drop rates). They won't be as stupidly high as on the console. Legendary items drop like candy in the console version because it's set up for instant gratification. Console players won't play Diablo 3 for 500hrs. 30-50h max till the next big game of the month (GTA V anyone?)

"
Are they fixing the atmosphere back to gothic/horror? Are they fixing the forgettable sound score?

At least for Act V they are. It's got a much darker, gothic feel to the setting. The music is more reminiscent of Diablo 2. It's still orchestrated and doesn't have electric guitar riffs like Matt Ulmans style does. The Xpack soundtrack has leaked, go youtube it. It's much better then the base game's score.

"
Edit: Or are they fixing the online requirement for single play?

No, and it doesn't need to be "fixed". This game is online only as well. So this argument holds NO water.

"
They may be fixing things, true (apparently mostly things I don't care about)

It seems they are fixing most things you care about. You should look up and do a bit of research on the expansion before making a bunch of assumptions and brushing it off.

good post. well done.
that just shows how ignorant the poe players are bashin d3 without doing their research on how ros will change d3 in a good way.

on the other hand they demand d3 features for poe in this forum lol
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"
exorzist wrote:
good post. well done.
that just shows how ignorant the poe players are bashin d3 without doing their research on how ros will change d3 in a good way.

on the other hand they demand d3 features for poe in this forum lol

Go back to CoD Greg, these posts are getting really pathetic.
"
alcovitch wrote:

Nope. This isn't an "issue". It's a different design choice. You aren't going to get a stat based skill system. Though, they are brining stat points back via Paragon 2.0

it isn't an issue for you. It's an issue for me. And a lot of other players. Things like this are what we mean when we say "D3 is flawed in its core concepts".
Yeah, for you, it's a different design choice. For a lot of ARPG players, it's bullshit and not acceptable because it completely destroys one pillar of any ARPG.
So yeah, if cannot understand that this is, in fact, and issue for a lot of people, then... yeah, you're pretty ignorant.

"

The new act (Act V) is completely random (this includes all outdoor areas) and there is rumor that all previous acts are getting some kind of random pass done to them. How extensive this will be is anyone's guess right now.

Yeah yeah, rumours and hearsay. Even if it's just as you said: This is what I am talking about when I said "band-aid".
Do you really believe that they will design new tiles for old content (and that would be just for dungeons)? Do you really think that they will put so many man-hours into implementing a system that truly randomizes the overworld? And given Blizzard's speed in these things: When do you think it'll be out if they do put in the work? 2016?

"

Yep. Loot 2.0 will affect all loot in the game. Loot drops less often, but of higher quality. Plus they've added in a random chance an item will be a "Smart Drop" so the stats are tailored to the class you're playing. Also bosses drop a guaranteed legendary on first kill.

Way to misunderstand my question. No, I did not ask "are they fixing the drop system so you can play self-found". My question, paraphrased, was this: Are they going to fix that every class needs a very specific set of attributes (Main stat, Vit, resist trifecta, damage, crit chance and crit damage)? Are they including interesting attributes to items at last (and no, "chance to cast Hydra on hit" is not interesting)?
Are they including items such as Geofri's Baptism, The Covenant or Matua Tupuna? You know, items that can alter the way you play the game?
So, band-aid, again. Even for the issue you raised.

"

They aren't removing the dependence on your classes core stat, if that's what you mean. However, they are going to be fixing a lot of the useless or unwanted affixes as well as adding new ones.

Band-aid, I hear you sneaking up on me once more...

"

No. And if you think they would go back and redo the entire games base story at this point(new class videos, in game cut scenes, CGI videos etc), then you're a little nuts.

If you haven't by now figured out that I my questions are counting up the things that would need to fixed in order for D3/RoS to long-time appeal to a lot of PoE players, not the ones that I think will be fixed, then you're a little slow.

"

Not for the base play through. However, they are adding an Adventure Mode which will remove quests and story elements (no in game cut scenes or quest dialogue). This will also add Loot Runs which are 10 floor deep random dungeons with a loot boss at the end & Bounties (no idea how this works right now). This mode will also let you freely travel over the entire game's acts at will.

Is this confirmed (if it is, citation needed)? Because at this point, it seems this is what the players would want the data-minded "Adventure mode" to look like, i.e. wishful thinking. I think I remember Blizzard stating earlier that they couldn't do what you describe because of the game's dependence on the quest system. But maybe they lied. Wouldn't be the first time.
But if this really is how it's gonna be, I'd say that is is one thing fixed. But as I said, citation needed. If only there weren't so many other broken things.

"

Loot 2.0 brings a lot of changes (along with drop rates). They won't be as stupidly high as on the console. Legendary items drop like candy in the console version because it's set up for instant gratification. Console players won't play Diablo 3 for 500hrs. 30-50h max till the next big game of the month (GTA V anyone?)

I wonder why you answered that question two times - didn't you notice that and wondered "Maybe he was talking about two different things?"? At any rate, if I take what you wrote further up: "Loot 2.0" seems to be what a lot of people are waiting for right now on the D3 forums. When is it gonna be in? Nobody knows. Still "Blizzard Soon."
And to cap it off: What I have seen so far from Loot 2.0, it's still a far cry from what I would want a loot system to look like. Again, take my explanation on that further up my reply. Gear dropping for my char is worth nothing if the gear's not interesting.

"

At least for Act V they are. It's got a much darker, gothic feel to the setting. The music is more reminiscent of Diablo 2. It's still orchestrated and doesn't have electric guitar riffs like Matt Ulmans style does. The Xpack soundtrack has leaked, go youtube it. It's much better then the base game's score.

Yeah, band-aid calls again. And I love Uelmen's experimental sound. Quite frankly, I like D1's soundtrack much more than that of D2. And from what I've heard of RoS' soundtrack (most of it has been made private), it's, as you say, orchestral and again 'grandiose'. So just about the same as D3's music, and just about as forgettable.

"

No, and it doesn't need to be "fixed". This game is online only as well. So this argument holds NO water.

For something that doesn't need to be fixed, there was a LOT of argument, no? This game doesn't need to be online-only, the console versions have shown that. And maybe I should point this out, I am not arguing a point here. I am stating my personal gripes (and gripes I think many PoE/former D3 players have) with the game.
Your assumption that "PoE is online so if D3's online, your argument is invalid" does not even make sense. The issue has been talked to hell and back, so I'll refrain from doing so once more.
Thing is: The always-on requirement is bullshit that Blizzard arbitrarily imposed, and if it's not going anywhere, I am not going to play RoS. Easy as that.

"

It seems they are fixing most things you care about. You should look up and do a bit of research on the expansion before making a bunch of assumptions and brushing it off.

It seems you make a lot of assumptions about what constitutes "fixing things" for me, or "things I care about" and have the audacity to tell me that a gripe I have isn't an issue.

This, and I include Exorzist's comment in that, is precisely why I detest the D3 community so much. Because they/you've become a bit like Blizzard themselves: They/You reserve the right to judge what is needed and what isn't, and what constitutes a fix - for other people.
Nope, your assumptions about the adventure mode aside, there are no fixes that would even begin to satisfy me.

Oh, and have you seen the Reaper of Wallets? Hello Illidan Stormrage (now with the re-coloured rogue T2 helmet)!
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Last edited by Avireyn on Sep 17, 2013, 6:16:54 AM
Ahh potions, I remember beating the first diablo only because I had an inventory FULL of health potions.
Though, to Blizzard's credit, they do seem to slowly catch on what went wrong:
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/10974978/

Auction House gone, fifty more to go...
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
"
Avireyn wrote:

Honestly I'm not interested in responding to you line by line again. It's clear that you aren't going to be happy with ANYTHING they do unless they design the game FOR YOU.

This has always been my problem with the D3 haters. I've never said the game is perfect. There are certainly many issues that need to be addressed with Diablo 3, but you guys will never be happy unless you get Diablo 2.5. Being realistic isn't part of your thinking process.

The online only thing is not worth going into detail over. No one ever said the game COULDN'T be made offline, but that it SHOULDN'T on PC for reasons you can look up (and i'm sure you know but decide to ignore or brush aside).

The console game is a completely different beast.

I know (especially around here) it's cool to be on the hate bandwagon. But try to not let it cloud your judgement of the product & attempt to view it objectively.

Reaper of Souls is shaping up to be an extremely positive addition to Diablo 3.

Also your complaint about Malthael's hood looking like WoW rogue armor is hilarious. The character has existed in the lore (and described in books) long before WoW even existed. So I don't know what you're trying to prove or say with this.
“God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I will never die.”
"
"
Avireyn wrote:

Surprise factor zero.

The console version is AH free.

The mad dash for cash via the AH has run its course.

But you may or may not recall that my issues with D3 had nothing to do with the concept of the AH, at least not during the beta.

As you noted, 'fifty to go'.

You more than anyone taught me just how bad that story is. You can't fix that. Not now, not ever.

1+
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info