Diablo 3 Is WAY Better Then This Shit Hole

"
exorzist wrote:
blizzard currently is in a state where they're fixing the major issues of d3 ...

We know that exorzist. Blizzard is trying to fix the game and I really hope they succeed. Not for my sake, because I will probably not go back because of some core design choices they won't touch.

@Avireyn: One way to get rid of the Auction House (well, the endgame relevance at least) would be to make all Items that get added with the new expansion not working with the AH or RMAH.

People could still sell their stuff they have right now and lover level Items, but End-Game Item tiers that come with RoS wouldn't be in the AH.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
Last edited by Sneakypaw on Sep 14, 2013, 2:17:16 PM
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
"
exorzist wrote:
blizzard currently is in a state where they're fixing the major issues of d3 ...

We know that exorzist. Blizzard is trying to fix the game and I really hope they succeed. Not for my sake, because I will probably not go back because of some core design choices they won't touch.

@Avireyn: One way to get rid of the Auction House (well, the endgame relevance at least) would be to make all Items that get added with the new expansion not working with the AH or RMAH.

People could still sell their stuff they have right now and lover level Items, but End-Game Item tiers that come with RoS wouldn't be in the AH.

that will probably happen exactly like that. everytime you enchant, reroll or other way alter an item, it will get BoA (bind on account). so the really good items will not be available on the AH anymore.
Live Stream: https://www.twitch.tv/menthur
Twitter: https://twitter.com/CMenthur
"Diablo 3 Is WAY Better Then This Shit Hole"

Than you should play it dude.

by the way. Burger King is better than MC Donalds.
insane in the membrane
I still think exorzist should have taken me up on being the villain in the Revenge of the Mooned.

I would have made it interesting, but not dickish. I don't care for your posts, but I don't take them personally.

Edit: Both McDonalds and Burger King are not good for your health.
"
Dudldude wrote:

by the way. Burger King is better than MC Donalds.

That's true. The fries are a lot better. Also Whopper > Big Mac. McDonald's only has better ice cream.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
exorzist wrote:

Are they fixing the load-out instead of build issue? Or the "no randomized maps" issue across all acts? Are they fixing itemization across all acts and difficulties? Are they fixing the entire stat system? Are they fixing the story? Are they fixing the fact that you have to spacebar through it every time you play?
Are they fixing the dependence of on which quest you are at the moment? Or that you cannot travel freely between acts? Are they fixing the droprates for suitable items (like they apparently did in the console version)?
Are they fixing the atmosphere back to gothic/horror? Are they fixing the forgettable sound score? Edit: Or are they fixing the online requirement for single play?

They may be fixing things, true (apparently mostly things I don't care about). But for me, and as much as I know from these fixes, they are merely gaffer tape trying to hold a crooked scaffolding together so it doesn't break down entirely.
Secondly: Do you have any idea when those fixes will actually be live? This year? Next summer? It's Blizzard Soon(tm).

"
Sneakypaw wrote:

My point with the Auction House was that a lot of people told Blizzard exactly why it was a bad idea and Blizzard ignored them completely. Kind of like Cassandra of Troy. Seems like the players knew exactly how other players would react to the AH, but Blizzard completely misjudged it.

Anyhow: Any fixes they now may or may not try are looking to me like band-aids. As you said: If they change items accordingly, it'll not be for all items. It'll be for endgame items only.

edit: And I don't deny that some people seem genuinely excited about the expansion (moreso here than on the official forums, curiously). And if you like those fixes and they are exactly what ailed your experience with D3, then I hope you'll be really happy with RoS.
But I think that the changes RoS presumably implements are too few and not in the right place for RoS to attract a lot of PoE players for more than a few weeks at best.
12/12/12 - the day Germany decided boys are not quite human.
Last edited by Avireyn on Sep 16, 2013, 5:24:23 PM
"
Moonyu wrote:
"
Startkabels wrote:
Discussing this post is not even possible

All things are discussable. It only matters if you personally can stomach the vitriol of the opposing sides. I bathe in it.

It's cheaper than soap for sure, but I'm still not convinced that it does a better job of cleaning.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt

"
Are they fixing the load-out instead of build issue?

Nope. This isn't an "issue". It's a different design choice. You aren't going to get a stat based skill system. Though, they are brining stat points back via Paragon 2.0

"
Or the "no randomized maps" issue across all acts?

The new act (Act V) is completely random (this includes all outdoor areas) and there is rumor that all previous acts are getting some kind of random pass done to them. How extensive this will be is anyone's guess right now.

"
Are they fixing itemization across all acts and difficulties?

Yep. Loot 2.0 will affect all loot in the game. Loot drops less often, but of higher quality. Plus they've added in a random chance an item will be a "Smart Drop" so the stats are tailored to the class you're playing. Also bosses drop a guaranteed legendary on first kill.

"
Are they fixing the entire stat system?

They aren't removing the dependence on your classes core stat, if that's what you mean. However, they are going to be fixing a lot of the useless or unwanted affixes as well as adding new ones.

"
Are they fixing the story?

No. And if you think they would go back and redo the entire games base story at this point(new class videos, in game cut scenes, CGI videos etc), then you're a little nuts.

"
Are they fixing the fact that you have to spacebar through it every time you play?

Not for the base play through. However, they are adding an Adventure Mode which will remove quests and story elements (no in game cut scenes or quest dialogue). This will also add Loot Runs which are 10 floor deep random dungeons with a loot boss at the end & Bounties (no idea how this works right now). This mode will also let you freely travel over the entire game's acts at will.

"
Are they fixing the dependence of on which quest you are at the moment? Or that you cannot travel freely between acts?

See Adventure Mode above.

"
Are they fixing the droprates for suitable items (like they apparently did in the console version)?

Loot 2.0 brings a lot of changes (along with drop rates). They won't be as stupidly high as on the console. Legendary items drop like candy in the console version because it's set up for instant gratification. Console players won't play Diablo 3 for 500hrs. 30-50h max till the next big game of the month (GTA V anyone?)

"
Are they fixing the atmosphere back to gothic/horror? Are they fixing the forgettable sound score?

At least for Act V they are. It's got a much darker, gothic feel to the setting. The music is more reminiscent of Diablo 2. It's still orchestrated and doesn't have electric guitar riffs like Matt Ulmans style does. The Xpack soundtrack has leaked, go youtube it. It's much better then the base game's score.

"
Edit: Or are they fixing the online requirement for single play?

No, and it doesn't need to be "fixed". This game is online only as well. So this argument holds NO water.

"
They may be fixing things, true (apparently mostly things I don't care about)

It seems they are fixing most things you care about. You should look up and do a bit of research on the expansion before making a bunch of assumptions and brushing it off.

“God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind that I will never die.”
Last edited by alcovitch on Sep 16, 2013, 8:33:48 PM
Seriously, who was it that first came up with a Potion Cooldown. I want to punch him/her.

The minimun they need to change for me to be interested in long term play is to remove Potion Cooldown and Health Globes(Just limit the number of potions available in a pinch like D2 did for gods sake) and the aquiring of skills via level up.

Last edited by Sneakypaw on Sep 17, 2013, 3:25:47 AM
"
"
Sneakypaw wrote:
Seriously, who was it that first came up with a Potion Cooldown. I want to punch him/her.

I hated that SO much. I sort of understand it in an MMO because you usually have other means of healing there, but in an ARPG? Bleh! I hated the orbs too. Always plenty around when you didn't need them, never enough when you did. So you relied on the potion.

Oh, look. Cooldown STILL going.

Yeah, real reliable.

I loved it in D2 and I love it now in PoE. Chucking down potions in a tight spot. I can do that, but I still have to manage it like a resource. Potion Cooldown is horrendous. And Health Globes...oh I need healing, let's walk over there. oh now let's walk over there. I hate that system.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info