0.9.12m progress, shipped goods and digital soundtrack news

The 0.9.12m patch (voice acting!) will most likely be deployed to Beta tomorrow. Things are still on schedule and we expect to have it ready in time. The voice acting really helps bring Wraeclast to life.

It has been a while since we've given an announcement about the status of the shipped items that higher tier supporters are going to receive. I can confirm that the game DVDs, soundtrack CDs, posters and t-shirts are all in production and are due to arrive at our office in approximately 2-2.5 weeks. We are investigating packaging materials and will have those ready by the time the other goods arrive. We'll then undergo a packaging/signing frenzy and ship it all out! Please contact support@grindinggear.com if you have any questions about your order, we're happy to help out. It has been a logistical nightmare trying to arrange the production of these items, but now that it's sorted out, we're very happy with the results and samples we've seen so far. I'm really looking forward to hearing what you guys think when you receive them.

We expect that the digital soundtrack will be available for download (for supporters with the $15 supporter pack or higher) around the end of next week. We have all the music ready and will do put the finishing touches on it and package it up once the voice acting patch has been deployed.

Edit: Breaking news! 0.9.12m will include a music track for the Merveil boss fight :D

Edit2: This weekend's three hour hardcore race has partying allowed.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Oct 31, 2012, 5:42:23 AM
"
TheuberClips wrote:
What if you upgrade your supporter pack after the first wave of shipping?

Not only will you have our sincere thanks, but you'll still get items shipped to you :)
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"
BesucherXia wrote:
Will the soundtrack list include those from ACT 3?

Yes, it does include act three music.
"
BaggerX wrote:
So far I have 2 support packs and a Kiwi pack to my name, before I realized it was possible to upgrade. Is there any way to consolidate the packs as a higher level support pack?

Yep sure, I'll PM you about this now.
"
jerg wrote:
Hm...Chris ignoring our questions regarding lossless OST seems to indicate that they won't release digital FLAC. Shame..

If that will indeed be the case then the only source of lossless PoE OST would be rips from the physical soundtrack CDs.

I wasn't ignoring your post on purpose, I just didn't have an answer at the time. I'll try to make sure we upload a lossless version. I'm a FLAC hipster as well.

"
caminante wrote:
How can you ship game DVD's when the game is not done yet :O

It patches.
"
caminante wrote:
"
eZek0 wrote:

What version of the game will be shipped on the DVDs?

The one where act 3 is included hopefully ;)

0.9.11, but when you run it, it patches to the most recent.
"
FishBone wrote:
What value will you mark the shipped goods at?
If they are marked with what the supporter-pack costs i would have to pay taxes for it, even if it's a free game.

(The maximum tax-free shipping to Norway is around $34)

Would be nice to know this before ordering :)

The poster, game DVD, soundtrack CD, etc cost a few dollars each to make. They'll be declared as such. You're not paying $250 for physical goods, but paying approx $230 to support us and about $20 for physical goods (these numbers are very rough!) It helps here that the game is free.

So taxes won't be a problem.
"
golem09 wrote:
For Germany it would actually be very convenient, if a short invoice would be printed on the outside of the package.
That way the package is not taken into the toll office where you have to pick it up yourself.

Ok fair enough, I'll try to sort that out :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info