Explosive Arrow questions i need answers pls.

skill tool tip uses the bow crit chance as the displayed crit chance for the attack yet the skill itself says 6% chance to crit. i know the explosion part of the skill is not affected by weapon elemental damage and weapon specific nodes.

1 does the explosion crit?

2 what passives work with the explosion crit chance? non weapon specific?

3 if so why does it not correctly display the secondary explosion crit chance?

4 do totem and support gems reduced damage have any affect the explosion part of the skill?
(remote mine, conc effect, trap, increased aoe)

the reason i ask the last is i see the explosion part of the skill unaffected by ranged totem damage reduction. its tool tip dps is not affected by trap or remote mine either.

official answer pls
[quote="Mark_GGG"]damage modifiers don't can currently can't apply to degen.[/quote]
"Getting all life nods on passive tree should give additional survival, not the mandatory basic survival."
.\1.2/
..\3/
[img]http://ertaislament.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/pentavus.jpg[/img]
Last bumped on Feb 21, 2017, 3:15:55 PM
It crits, all nodes that give critical chance will work except for spell critical chance. Explosive arrow has 2 stances. and yes it does scale with burning damage/fire dmg nodes. But it will not show up on the tooltip. I pretty have 61 tooltip dps and one shot docks in 5man partys as a burning ea.
1. It sure does, it has 6% chance to crit. Arrows that apply fuses have the same crit chance as your normal attacks. If you put Increased Critical Strikes it will affect both crit chances.

2. General, spell or weapon crit passives don't apply.

3. the tooltip doesn't display explosion damage at all.

4. Of course.

Explosion damage has following tags: 'projectile, fire(elemental), AoE', so passives and supports that mention those affect it. Conc effect and increased area affect it, also gets penealty from LMP and GMP being of 'projectile' type.
'Weapon elemental' nodes don't apply because it has no 'weapon' tag, spell nodes also don't, bow damage passives also don't affect it as the bow is a 'weapon' type, 'spell elemental' damage node at witch start area also doesn't apply.

If you want to make an exploder Templar is probably your best choice, he has a lot of AoE, elemental, fire and burn nodes nearby and also access to elemental equilibrium which synergizes great if you set it up well. You can use Quillrain to apply fuses fast, it says '% less weapon damage' so it doesn't affect explosions, if it said 'less projectile damage', it would.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Sep 9, 2013, 5:32:51 AM
"
raics wrote:
1. It sure does, it has 6% chance to crit. Arrows that apply fuses have the same crit chance as your normal attacks. If you put Increased Critical Strikes it will affect both crit chances.

2. General, spell or weapon crit passives don't apply.

3. the tooltip doesn't display explosion damage at all.

4. Of course.

Explosion damage has following tags: 'projectile, fire(elemental), AoE', so passives and supports that mention those affect it. Conc effect and increased area affect it, also gets penealty from LMP and GMP being of 'projectile' type.
'Weapon elemental' nodes don't apply because it has no 'weapon' tag, spell nodes also don't, bow damage passives also don't affect it as the bow is a 'weapon' type, 'spell elemental' damage node at witch start area also doesn't apply.

If you want to make an exploder Templar is probably your best choice, he has a lot of AoE, elemental, fire and burn nodes nearby and also access to elemental equilibrium which synergizes great if you set it up well. You can use Quillrain to apply fuses fast, it says '% less weapon damage' so it doesn't affect explosions, if it said 'less projectile damage', it would.

"projectile"/"AoE" tags dont mean, that they will be applied to whole skill! Sure, the arrow hit itself is a projectile, and benefits from all bonuses that normal attack would. But explosion isnt a projectile, so its damage wont be affected. Vice versa, "increased area damage" passives wont affect initial arrow hit, because it isnt an AoE.

Non-weapon- and non-spell-specific passives work for all (affected) effects of any skill you use. Including "Projectile damage","fire damage","area damage" and crit passives.

The question is - do bow-specific passives affect explosion, or not (obviously, they affect initial hits, but that doesnt mean they will affect explosion)? I mean those bow-specific crit passives, actually (including "King of the Hill"). And, do spell-specific passives apply to explosion? It seems, nor bow-specific ones, nor spell-specific apply. If it's confirmed, then there should be no more questions.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
The explosion, while odd, is affected by Projectile nodes.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

"projectile"/"AoE" tags dont mean, that they will be applied to whole skill! Sure, the arrow hit itself is a projectile, and benefits from all bonuses that normal attack would. But explosion isnt a projectile, so its damage wont be affected. Vice versa, "increased area damage" passives wont affect initial arrow hit, because it isnt an AoE.

Non-weapon- and non-spell-specific passives work for all (affected) effects of any skill you use. Including "Projectile damage","fire damage","area damage" and crit passives.

The question is - do bow-specific passives affect explosion, or not (obviously, they affect initial hits, but that doesnt mean they will affect explosion)? I mean those bow-specific crit passives, actually (including "King of the Hill"). And, do spell-specific passives apply to explosion? It seems, nor bow-specific ones, nor spell-specific apply. If it's confirmed, then there should be no more questions.

Trust me, I know what I'm talking about. As odd as it sounds projectile damage affects explosions too, it wasn't that way before but it was introduced on purpose to eliminate usage of LMP/GMP without penalty. Well, if it still sounds weird, think Fireball, that's also projectile/AoE.

Initial hits are [physical(elemental too if you got any on attack), bow(weapon), projectile], explosion is [projectile, fire(elemental), AoE]. That's it.

And I wasn't suggesting to blindly believe tooltip on the gem, that one is often misleading. I was referring to ingame tags that the game uses for calculations.
There are many shining examples of misleading gem description, like traps or shockwave totem, lightning strike, infernal blow, you just have to read up about those.
Infernal is similar to explosive arrow, initial attack is 'weapon, melee, fire, physical', explosion is just 'Fire, AoE'.

Last edited by raics on Sep 9, 2013, 1:01:16 PM

I have a level 85 EA character so I can probably answer any questions that you might have. I use EA, chance to ignite, proliferation, fire pene, conc effect/inc aoe, and increased burning damage as my 6L, also using EE and flammability.

The main issue I see with using the totem to shoot the arrows for you is that the totem will not always fire the 5 arrow stack onto the same target, meaning you will have substantially less burning damage (around 10% compared to what you would do if you shot it yourself) because of how the stack scales into the proliferated burn.
ก็็็็็็็็็็IGN:Varanice(90 EA Marauder); Aura_Amoureux (8X LL Aurastack Cyclone Scion)
Softore Shop Thread #665265 -Uniques, Race Rewards, Gems, and more.
I also play LLD PvP in SC, and race as Witch or occasionally Scion.
www.twitch.tv/varanice
Last edited by Varanice on Sep 9, 2013, 11:14:37 AM
This thread reminded me of something: are the increased AoE damage nodes supposed to change fireball damage? Because I've never seen the Witch one change the tooltip DPS of fireball in races.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
"
TheTenthDoc wrote:
This thread reminded me of something: are the increased AoE damage nodes supposed to change fireball damage? Because I've never seen the Witch one change the tooltip DPS of fireball in races.

If it doesn't, it's a bug and probably just a tooltip bug. AoE skills usually display that boost, at least most of them. Conc effect changes tooltip damage normally so Fireball is indeed classified as an AoE.

An exception:
If you use pierce/chain/fork, any enemy your fireball passes through will not get any AoE damage boost because it doesn't do an AoE on pierce, just a normal hit.

"
Varanice wrote:
I have a level 85 EA character so I can probably answer any questions that you might have. I use EA, chance to ignite, proliferation, fire pene, conc effect/inc aoe, and increased burning damage as my 6L, also using EE and flammability.

Probably kicks all kinds of ass and then some, Explosive EE is the most powerful unpopular build in existence.

Last edited by raics on Sep 9, 2013, 11:45:42 AM
Using EE with EA seems pretty obvious for me. If you dont use fire-damage items, you get al least +50% more damage from EA. Kinda good bonus, isnt it?

You said, explosion is projectile. Does Point Blank affect it, or not?
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 9, 2013, 4:56:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info