Will game's release = complete respec option for all?

"
Esoteric187 wrote:
Well if those rumors are true about a new class being added I think its going to require a respec for everyone for sure. The skill tree is going to have to be modified in some way to add a new class in.
really a new class?

since classes are pur or hybrid... i dont see how they could make a new class

Unless they use my old suggestion of using the middle of the tree for a new Class
It also already has a face to locate the starting point

I would call it the Erudit since its an Overall type

or if they make it a quest unlock class from the temple of God... a Seraph!
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
<insert regret orb here>
Why ask Why and start by denying before you have actually tried?
Why would it? Since when do we all need a free respec for no reason?
Standard Forever
My guess is that release will involve at least one of the following:
1)Marauder starting area tweaks
2)Witch starting area tweaks
3)Shadow starting area tweaks
4)A center-of-the-tree rework

I think the only one of those that should result in a full respec for everyone is a center-of-the-tree rework. Other ones I think the approach they took with ranger is okay.
Read my book! The world ending in every way anyone ever thought it might end, all at once. First few chapters are available online for free.
http://www.amazon.com/The-End-World-Know-ebook/dp/B00CZ21JAQ
"
iamstryker wrote:
no reason

I lol'd.
How about for 1 week after the release, you can buy a full respec on a character for 1 point?
(:
Won't happen. The reason being that they are going to consider "full release" to be a prime time to reroll a new character. I think they are right. If there is an influx of new players, it will kind of suck for them that at "release" there are already thousands of characters far over level 60. My money is on them doing everything they can to encourage rerolling.
Anarchy/Onslaught T shirt
Domination/Nemesis T shirt
Tempest/War Bands T shirt
"
Just an aside: 'Temporary' is a fair word for these non-Standard leagues, but I'd go with 'limited time'. Temporary feels a bit like it's ramshackle, like a temporary dwelling. This isn't the case so much as it's an event of specific duration, a simulated 'wipe' with incentives to take part.

I think "incentive" being the key word, which I can't really think GGG's taken advantage of in beta, in my opinion.

"
As for the respecs, others have said it here so no need to labour the point: respecs occur is the Skilldrasil is sufficiently changed to match it.

Speaking purely from opinion or perhaps desire, I hope that this happens because I still see some ugly dead-zones and weaker branches of the tree. Still.

Some stuff needs work, absolutely; I still feel like "respecs" might be a fun collateral to those who participated in beta.
"
arpgfan wrote:
"
iamstryker wrote:
no reason

I lol'd.

When he said "no reason" I think he might have been referring to the fact that relevant classes have been getting free respecs when there have been significant changes to the tree already, so what purpose would another one serve?

On the flipside, people who think respecs make regrets worthless evidently haven't tried hoarding regrets before a respec. It's a goldmine. Loads of people totally mess up their respec, and there is always a sudden rush of people who need regret stacks when they realize the mistakes they just made.

Still, my personal opinion is no respec for launch, I just don't see a good enough reason.
Last edited by MonstaMunch on Sep 9, 2013, 1:36:06 AM
Would be nice if a method for repicking bandit rewards was finally introduced, but I wouldn't be upset if it was not implemented.
IGN: ElementalApex

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info