Will game's release = complete respec option for all?

"
Just an aside: 'Temporary' is a fair word for these non-Standard leagues, but I'd go with 'limited time'. Temporary feels a bit like it's ramshackle, like a temporary dwelling. This isn't the case so much as it's an event of specific duration, a simulated 'wipe' with incentives to take part.

As for the respecs, others have said it here so no need to labour the point: respecs occur is the Skilldrasil is sufficiently changed to match it.

Speaking purely from opinion or perhaps desire, I hope that this happens because I still see some ugly dead-zones and weaker branches of the tree. Still.

The second statement logic makes me laugh ( nothing against you)

Imagine if you started on June 10th with X skill.
From this moment you created a build with what you have.
But within a month there are a shitload of new thing that alter the efficiency of your build (new items(uniques that give bonus which you needed to get from skilldrasil but not anymore), Gem modification, new support gems, game mechanic modification). I agree if this was your fault that regret would be the only solution. But the alteration comes from GGG, why would you be penalise.

This is not a change->Respec
its a Long period of changes+ release-> respec
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
I dont need passive tree resets anymore, but I really need bandit quest respecs due to having changed my character builds a lot with the free respecs, and also the bandit rewards were heavily buffed since I already took skill points on several characters.
(b) Personal abuse, foul language, inappropriate subject matter, obscene, harassing, threatening, hateful, or discriminatory or defamatory remarks of any nature ... are not permitted.

- PoE TOS.
I agree. Would be a nice little reward for doing whatever we've been doing up to this point.

To go along with the above poster..this should include Bandit reward reset option too.
Last edited by Kochise on Sep 8, 2013, 8:22:32 PM
"
Midnitecloud wrote:
If GGG doesn't pull their head out of their ass and do something about HP being total crap compared to ES then games release will be nothing more than a joke. I have a feeling they are reworking a lot of balance issues and will give a full respect to everyone on full release like they did with the last HP revamp.

I agree that they need to go back and do some polishing to the HP potions of the tree. Life is just to effing hard to come by to achieve a level of acceptable comfort without jumping through hoops.
"
.... ... .. . . I still see some ugly dead-zones and weaker branches of the tree. Still.

I agree. Some areas of the tree need massive help. Somethings you go through just to get to a few good passives is disheartening and many times, for me, end up deterring me from trying certain passives.
No. Unless there's a significant change in the skill tree.
IGN: Exalon
From the sound of things, I suspect there will be enough changes to the tree to warrant a respec, though there hasn't been a huge amount of information given out yet, so hard to say. Aside from this though, there are three other things that should be considered.

1. A huge number of characters(probably around half of them, based on the last numbers I saw) will be getting moved to a different league than what they were created in. This may not be a huge difference especially since they are moving from a harder league to an easier one, but it's still something that might reasonably affect build choices.

2. The release of a3X will probably have some affect on the level progression, add a new boss that people have to have a way to deal with, and may have other affects on players as well. Again, not a huge change, but worth keeping in mind.

3. Many people may have created characters solely for the "allocate all passives" challenge. It might be nice for them to be able to respec those and still use them afterwards.
Content Removed by Admin: See Forum Guideline D
"Ultimately, I confess I still don't get the appeal of dungeon crawlers.
Seems like I could recreate the essential experience by opening Microsoft Excel,
scrolling down ten thousand pages with the down cursor key, and then typing
"The Most Splendid Trousers of Them All!" -Yahtzee
Last edited by Bex_GGG on Sep 9, 2013, 3:50:24 PM
Well if those rumors are true about a new class being added I think its going to require a respec for everyone for sure. The skill tree is going to have to be modified in some way to add a new class in.
I will wager.. no, absolutely not.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info