My girl told me to quit

My advice?

Dump her.
Then you are free to farm docks without her insistent nagging distracting you and either causing you to die or not observe your shavs dropping.

Good luck.
stop over moderating that makes the official forums useless
"
scorpitron wrote:
be a man about it. sex her up until she falls asleep then back to gaming.

or put on the history channel, never fails to put my wifey to sleep :)

^ this :)

+ do the night runs only.

NEVER let your gf see you play...
that's a game changer.
*poe seen from 3rd person perspective just doesn't seem to be that appealing and those docks all the time hmmm see her point? She doean't know that your killing that zombie mob for the 1000 time just to see an orange Occultis Vestment ...and get that troll one:)

you can always trade during the day, small poe window open.
and when she dozes off get back to business.

:)
IGN: Rheaha
Sounds like you have a needy clinger gf.

Honestly take advice from one of your elders here... If your partner cant accept that you are two separate people with different hobbies and opinions. Leave her. Any relationship that is JUST about cuddling and love and sex is destined to fail. Find someone who does her own thing and accepts who you are at the same time. Those are the kind of relationships that last.

Playing the dating game sucks. A lot of people these days are self entitled and feel like the world revolves around them. It doesn't, you only live once. Live your own life. Let them live theirs.

If my woman ever told me to stop doing something I loved to do. I would tell her fine... stop spending my money at the store and stop reading romance novels then we have a deal.

However, if you are playing every moment of your spare time. Void everything I just said and go the fuck outside.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." - Edgar Allan Poe
IGN: DarkenedSoui
Are you seriously telling me you are choosing a game of the greatest thing you can do in the world?

An old timer once told me a bit of a life lesson and I feel the need to pass it on to you.

"Every piece you miss is a piece you are behind for the rest of your life."

Play with your girlfriend 1st, the dog 2nd and the game 3rd.
Artsy23- Your age is kinda important here. Are you 17 with a clingy girlfriend? Dump her. Are you 27 maybe want to get married? Drop POE. Which is it? Girlfriends come and go. There will be more of them. And you might want to find someone who is at least neutral, if not positive about gaming. Like interests and all that.

Oh and History channel 2 with Ancient Aliens on is good enough to drive my wife out, and let me play POE in peace. (laugh) I don't know why it works but it does. Lastly I play POE or other games when she don't care, when she does, ........ I don't! Works usually pretty well, until I remember Ancient Aliens is on then.....
Sounds like you need to join The Church of No Life.

Do you have a minute to talk about Kripparian our lord and savior?
4/10 because I chuckled slightly.
Out of curiosity, how old are you and your GF, OP?

I am lucky to be one of those guys who has a girlfriend who also obsessively plays games. Currently she's really into FF14... so she plays her game, and I play mine. But, we also get out of the house and do things together frequently! Balance is always the key.

Now if she's literally telling you that you can't play at ALL anymore, then this is clearly not a fit. Either she will resent you for not bowing to her wishes, or you will resent her for forcing you to choose.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
1 : change your password
2 : if she leaves, would you be able to get another one ?

if 2=yes, kick her out.
if 2=no, tame her.
Standard : BratalUss
"If you love some1, you don't try to change him/her. You accept the person with all of his good and bad things."

Dump that girl. She deserves to be lonely.

PS.: also... change your password.
Last edited by Sikab on Sep 6, 2013, 1:07:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info