Unable to play on new network

Hey all,

I recently moved into residence for the upcoming semester, only to find that POE doesn't seem to work on the schools network. The game launches and logs in as normal, but whenever select a character and spawn into town, there's nothing. No other players, no stash, no NPCs, nothing except for the level itself. I cannot join any chat (my requests timeout), nor can I leave town (the exits / wp's are not selecteable when I mouse over them).

Stranger still, when I press f1 to check my latency, there's no measurment, the box is empty. I have tried connecting via OpenVPN by following the instructions in the stickied FAQ, which didn't resolve the issue.

What can I do to fix this?
Your network probably has a decent firewall and blocked ports preventing you from playing. Take it up with the network admins on campus if you want it to change, otherwise I don't know what else, if anything, can be done. One of the drawbacks to using someone else's network; you have to play by their rules.
Thanks for the reply, drakier. That may very well be the case.

Here's a screenshot of what happens after I login so anyone viewing this might understand the issue:

http://imgur.com/1UGFDEL
Nvm this thread, got it to work playing by playing while connected to the internet via ethernet cable rather than wifi.

If any other students experiencing a similar issue and found this thread through google or something, now you have a solution.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info