Resolute Technique Balance

Resolute Technique has its upside, 100% hit chance, and its "downside," no critical hits. But for those that take it, crit chance is not a factor since there are very few nodes in the Mara, Templar, and even Duelists' trees. So that is not much of a negative. Also, the Mara's tree has very little accuracy to speak of, and even if there are some, they are easy to skip due to a lower damage amount.

The real upside to taking RT is the minimal passive nodes needed. To get the same hit chance on my Templar, I would have to spend more than the 3 points I use to get to RT. This frees up points to put into pure damage and survivability. On the other hand, my Shadow with 254 dex and 4 nodes already put into accuracy in addition to a couple of items with extra accuracy, has a 90% chance to hit.

Lastly, and this is a big one for the next patch, how will RT be balanced for PvP? You have taken a defensive stat and made it 100% useless without a specific passive, Iron Reflexes. My Shadow (level 56) who is Acrobatics, would have no chance against anyone using RT since a 44% chance to evade attacks would be negated as well as the 24% chance to dodge and my 54% block chance (With the current wording) and measly 2000 health. Pretty sure after three swings I will die. And the Mara/Templar/Duelist will have 50% Damage Reduction (Or more if flasking) and over 4000 health. While I might hit 100%, their defenses will not be negated.

Rant over. Please add some constructive feedback.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
CartmanVT wrote:
as well as the 24% chance to dodge and my 54% block chance (With the current wording)
Resolute technique makes your attacks hit, it does not prevent hits being blocked.

We are aware that RT presents a potential problem in PVP
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Sep 20, 2012, 1:10:05 AM
I agree. Keystones are supposed to have downsides, but Marauders can easily spec to minimise or completely negate them.

- Mana problem? Easy, just go Blood Magic and use the already abundant life regeneration nodes!

- Hard to hit? Don't spend any points in accuracy, just spend the one in Resolute Technique and use all those points for even more life nodes!

- Keep getting hit stunned? Unwavering Stance is here to help. Who cares about not evading, you weren't going to get evasion anyway!
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
CartmanVT wrote:
as well as the 24% chance to dodge and my 54% block chance (With the current wording)
Resolute technique makes your attacks hit, it does not prevent hits being blocked.

We are aware that RT presents a potential problem in PVP

Hey Mark, I was wondering, does Resolute Technique mean that my Dodge chance from Acrobatics doesn't work? As a balancing thing in PVP, you can (and probably should) make it the same as Block for RT.
While I agree RT is very powerful, as are all the other keystones along the south end of the tree, please understand that RT needs to exist, because we need to be able to counter builds that spam evasion.

RT and Marauders are a potential problem, but I suggest we wait and see how they perform in PVP first.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Last edited by anubite on Sep 20, 2012, 10:05:28 AM
I still don't understand if RT makes EVERYTHING not crit or just melee damage or what?
"
Winenose wrote:
I still don't understand if RT makes EVERYTHING not crit or just melee damage or what?

"Never get Critical Strikes" == neither melee nor ranged nor spell crits
ign: Qwertzuiopp
Last edited by MultiKill on Sep 20, 2012, 11:30:38 AM
Never means never. Under no circumstance ever can you crit.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
"
anubite wrote:
While I agree RT is very powerful, as are all the other keystones along the south end of the tree, please understand that RT needs to exist, because we need to be able to counter builds that spam evasion.
So, what, strength characters need to be able to beat high-evasion characters, so RT must exist. Okay. What about those high-evasion characters? Don't they equally need to be able to beat RT strength characters, or does the need only flow one way?
"
"
anubite wrote:
So, what, strength characters need to be able to beat high-evasion characters, so RT must exist. Okay. What about those high-evasion characters? Don't they equally need to be able to beat RT strength characters, or does the need only flow one way?

Lets take my character into this discussion. He is high evasion, high block, acrobatics. Character with RT will always ignore my high evasion but will still need to deal with high block and 20%+ acrobatics. While standard rt character goes all out armor and I will always hit him and I can abuse Diamond Flask for this while he cannot.

RT will only be a problem for high evasion no block characters but those are not really a good idea to play anyways.

Problem of RT is that it is too effective PvE. Its penalty is not really a penalty with 2handers and life leech/life regeneration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info