pc freeze,bsod and random crashes whyle playing

its stock heat sink and fan and i used the cheapest thermal glue i could find so that's probably not helping i think the last time i fully cleaned every thing out and replaced the thermal glue was 5-6 months a go even when the heat sink is cleaned the fan still makes a hell of a lot of nose when its under load.

the weird thing is tho when i run poe with sound on the computer will freeze completely and leave the game looking like normal but nothing responds not even the keyboard lights.When i do --nosound it will eventually bsod
have you tried the -swa command line? though by the sounds of it, it may not help as you get problems even using --nosound.

You are using the on board audio right? you don't have a dedicated sound card?
Would seem that having the audio enabled will bring up an error before the PC BSOD's possibly an error during decoding the audio data which could cause the client to crash...the odd part being that it locks up everything including the keyboard.

I hesitate to recommend getting a new heat sink, i really don't know if it would alleviate the problem, even if temporarily.

I ended up getting a new one on my older AMD phenom after the retention bracket broke twice because of overheating.
I went for a corsair hydro for a few reasons, should last a while, it had brackets for amd and Intel and it didn't rely on the retention bracket to be mounted...the difference in temps was really quite amazing for me, before the cpu temp was idle about 25 to 30 oc and under load into the high 50s after the new heat sink the idle temp was sitting about room temp or lower and didn't break 50oc.

the only good part there is that if it didn't help much it could be used on a newer system if you decide to upgrade so it's not a complete waste.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
im not sure what the -swa command line is. is it the same as cmd? i wouldn't even know what to do in it

yes i am using the on board audio. i don't think its the client it self that crashes i looked for an error messages in the event viewer but there was not one its odd i have never had any real issues with any kind of game or software first time i have had to reach out to a community for help lol

I have been thinking about getting a new heat sink and fan just because my fan is so damn loud sounds like a small vacuum cleaner that's struggling lol
The command is software audio so it is a different command but like i said i don't think it will help particularly if you have used the --nosound command line and still BSOD/crash

There is supposed to be more performance tweaks in the 0.11.5 patch and possibly after which may help you some.

hopefully the next patch resolves my issue i will read over all the info u have given me again tomorrow and mess around with some things then.

If i happen to find a solution to the problem i will let u know.

Thanks for all the help u have given me lagwin1980 it was much appreciated
Did a little messing around not really sure what i did that caused me to get a new bsod crash

Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`04d91038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4ade7c
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18205 (win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Processor : 64-bit

im not sure if this could further point to an over heating problem or if i have some corrupt windows system files
"
ctx337 wrote:
Did a little messing around not really sure what i did that caused me to get a new bsod crash

Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`04d91038
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4ade7c
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18205 (win7sp1_gdr.130708-1532)
Processor : 64-bit

im not sure if this could further point to an over heating problem or if i have some corrupt windows system files

No real straight answers to this one, the majority seem to point to an anti virus problem and recommends a complete uninstall and reinstalling of the AV.
Norton was mentioned a few times and from what i remember of it, it was always scanning and putting a load on the processor which would put additional strain and heat into the processor.

Problem solved
Turns out it was avast anti virus causing all the problems uninstalled it been playing for a few hours and so far no freezing or bsod not sure why it was interfering with poe. i will try playing with sound enabled to see if i have any problems.

thank you lagwin1980 for all your help couldn't of done it with out you.
spoke too soon getting the x124 hal.dll again oh well looks like i will have to wait and see if the problem is fixed in the next poe release
hal is the hardware access layer. if it's crashing, chances are good that you might have some driver corruption or hardware failure.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info