Problems with Razer Cross Promotion

http://www.razerzone.com/pathofexile

Since I'm attempting to collect all of the effects I can, this blatant product-placement must be overlooked. I think I would feel extremely ashamed to ever wear these logos on my feet, but whatever, they're free right? I really really wish these logo footprints were not in existence, they are very tacky.

The beta software which they want you to install called either "Razer Coms" or "Razer Comms" by the website seems to have two major requirements. One of them is windows vista, or newer. This software does not work on older microsoft operating systems, and I don't know if I even feel like attempting to run it in wine. The other requirement is .Net 4.0, which could make it tricky to get working on linux or macs.

Trying to register without the software installed seems to be impossible at the moment. http://www.razerzone.com/comms/register looks like this:

I confirmed with a couple of the Support staff that the page is blank, and I have tried on a couple machines with all my ad-blocking stuff disabled, and inspected the source. It's a blank page.
Last edited by ionface on Aug 30, 2013, 1:34:47 AM
I got an error "Invalid key" when I typed or copy paste in my redeem key. Any ideas?
Hey guys,

We are currently looking into solutions for issues like these. Please contact us at support@grindinggear.com with anything relating to this as this will be the best way for to help everyone. I apologize for the hassle!
I guess it's a good thing I have Win7 on a VM I can use to register with.
"
ionface wrote:

I really really wish these logo footprints were not in existence, they are very tacky.

Actually, I really like them o.O
Last edited by apocalypselate on Aug 30, 2013, 6:42:25 PM
i redeemd my key (https://www.pathofexile.com/shop/redeem-key) for the razer footprints because they look really cool but i didn't get the footprints?
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey guys,

We are currently looking into solutions for issues like these. Please contact us at support@grindinggear.com with anything relating to this as this will be the best way for to help everyone. I apologize for the hassle!

why did you scar your game with this? are people not donating enough, and you need the money? i don't understand why you're ruining your game with this stuff. the twitch partnership i can understand because it's a medium, not a blatant ad. but this is obnoxious.. it's not even subtle.

i'm not trying to troll, or stir anything up, i'm genuinely sad about this game now, and i don't think i want to play it anymore.
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
Last edited by _wuv_ on Aug 30, 2013, 7:51:33 PM
You don't need to install the software to get the footprint.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
_wuv_ wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Hey guys,

why did you scar your game with this? are people not donating enough, and you need the money? i don't understand why you're ruining your game with this stuff. the twitch partnership i can understand because it's a medium, not a blatant ad. but this is obnoxious.. it's not even subtle.

i'm not trying to troll, or stir anything up, i'm genuinely sad about this game now, and i don't think i want to play it anymore.

How is this a problem? Both sides benefit from this, and I don't see the problem.
"You can't bash someone else's shitty taste in music when you listen to 'grindcore'" -TheWretch̢
"
Fire_Kid wrote:
You don't need to install the software to get the footprint.

You have to install the software to register, as far as I could tell. You cannot register in any other way, and if you don't already have an account, you cannot redeem for the code.

If there is a way to register and get accepted as a "razer comm" member without the software, please post it... otherwise it's the only method of registration.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info