Top 3 Mass Murderers Were Atheists

If GGG chickens made an action RPG, what would it be called? Path of Eggxile, a Peck 'n' Slash RPG.
Why was the helmet spluttering? It was a coif.
Last edited by Hyaon on Sep 1, 2013, 4:50:23 PM
Thanks for the link, Hyaon. Mao killed more than twice the highest estimate for the wars listed in the table for that article - combined.
OP,you should know(and look into it)that these huge numbers of Stalin's supposed executions were part of the cold war western propaganda.I am not going to defend stalin,or say he was a nice lad,but the actuall number of executed victims,doesnt even comes close to the deaths that resulted from USA's direct or indirect involvement in the 3rd world.I am not gonna comment on Mao or Pol Pot,cause i do not know much on the subject
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
given that atheists are generally much smarter than religious people it follows that they will usually be better at what they do, including mass murder.
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
given that atheists are generally much smarter than religious people it follows that they will usually be better at what they do, including mass murder.
Pretty much.

"There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance." - Socrates

"Pure" evil is pure ignorance. It is impotent and unable to do anything on its own. However, it does not exist in its pure form; no one is ignorant of everything.

"Pure" good is pure knowledge. It has tremendous power to change the world. However, it does not exist in its pure form; no one knows everything.

In order for evil actions to be spread on a large scale, one needs both ignorance and knowledge. The ignorance allows the acts to be evil; the knowledge allows those acts to have power instead of remaining impotent.

Thus:
potential for evil = knowledge x ignorance

Due to the total impotence of pure ignorance, perhaps it's more accurate to modify Socrates to clarify that ignorance, when improperly identified as knowledge, is the only evil.

And on that note: I don't know whether God exists or not, but so far I've seen nothing convincing which would indicate that he does, and thus I don't believe. Unlike so many, I'm not willing to give my ignorance the credit of belief.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on Sep 10, 2013, 11:15:17 AM
evil is born from the human heart not from some religion or lack there of. Religion is just as much a tool for good as it can be for evil it all depends on who's using it. I recommend some of you guys read some of Greg Graffin's(hes the lead singer of bad religion and holds a PHD in evolutionary biology or something) books if your interested in this sort of discussion. Anarchy evolution, his latest book discusses this subject quite a bit through his own experiences and makes it very relatable. I am currently reading one in which a conversation between him and a minister discuss the merits of religion in todays world and its also really interesting and is very respectful of both sides of the argument while confronting many issues which are brought up here. I find religion fascinating and read about it a lot if you couldn't tell.
Last edited by derbefrier on Sep 10, 2013, 11:19:46 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Pretty much.

"Pure" evil is pure ignorance. It is impotent and unable to do anything on its own. However, it does not exist in its pure form; no one is ignorant of everything.

"Pure" good is pure knowledge. It has tremendous power to change the world. However, it does not exist in its pure form; no one knows everything.

In order for evil actions to be spread on a large scale, one needs both ignorance and knowledge. The ignorance allows the acts to be evil; the knowledge allows those acts to have power instead of remaining impotent.

Thus:

Due to the total impotence of pure ignorance, perhaps it's more accurate to modify Socrates to clarify that ignorance, when improperly identified as knowledge, is the only evil.

And on that note: I don't know whether God exists or not, but so far I've seen nothing convincing which would indicate that he does, and thus I don't believe. Unlike so many, I'm not willing to give my ignorance the credit of belief.

I like the way you talk, i wish i was living in an english country, i guess i can always read english books to improve.

AS for my opinion.. i will give it later*maybe.
Anarchy/Onslaught T-Shirt Owner.
Trading Guide : http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/519890
Killing Vaal merc with (600 life) : http://is.gd/qsgV9P [Open Beta]
Let's be Crazy: http://is.gd/TxxLsS / Old Suggestion: http://is.gd/Jd09W0
<< God blesses those who bless themselves >>
Last edited by Inexium on Sep 10, 2013, 12:09:22 PM
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Or is it because they were not religious people that they had a higher propensity to lack the degree of social conscience which may have prevented the actions which resulted in mass murder? It's pure conjecture either way.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Last edited by Pavshaus on Sep 10, 2013, 1:59:56 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:
Pretty much.

Thus:

This is just a lot of employing the use of false premise to arrive at a questionable conclusion. But you can get a lot of fish to bite on this kind of bait :)
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
"
Pavshaus wrote:
"
Snorkle_uk wrote:

Or is it because they were not religious people that they had a higher propensity to lack the degree of social conscience which may have prevented the actions which resulted in mass murder? It's pure conjecture either way.

Social conscience has nothing to do with religion,unless you view religion as a moral code,but then you are selfish.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info