Top 3 Mass Murderers Were Atheists

Are there statistics how much people were killed over the history of mankind through religious driven weirdos? I'm sure this outnumbers every Atheist Mass Murder. ;)
"
Fusion_Power wrote:
Are there statistics how much people were killed over the history of mankind through religious driven weirdos? I'm sure this outnumbers every Atheist Mass Murder. ;)

Why stop there? How about how many were killed over petty political issues or simple land grabs or turf disputes or hey how about horrible disease and hunger that no entity who could have helped more with did nearly enough in regards to... or how about deaths that are directly attributed to ignorance, poverty, etc. etc....and we could go on an on.

My point is it's all just damn lies and statistics. You wanna go and try and base a case on that for either side then go for it.... but it proves very little. The truth is .... both active or passive causes for mass deaths are marketed under several disguises but are usually marked by more sinister and complicated reasons and objectives.

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
Last edited by Pavshaus on Aug 30, 2013, 1:01:40 PM
"
Pavshaus wrote:
"
Fusion_Power wrote:

Why stop there? How about how many were killed over petty political issues or simple land grabs or turf disputes or hey how about horrible disease and hunger that no entity who could have helped more with did nearly enough in regards to... or how about deaths that are directly attributed to ignorance, poverty, etc. etc....and we could go on an on.

My point is it's all just damn lies and statistics. You wanna go and try and base a case on that for either side then go for it.... but it proves very little. Truth is active or passive causes for mass deaths are marketed under several disguises but are usually marked by more sinister and complicated reasons and objectives.

I think Pavshaus just ruined your entire argument OP.
WOO! GO PAVSHAUS!
Just going to leave this here. It is a compilation of atrocities done in the name of religion since 1973. It's a hell of a list.

*Warning NSFW
Last edited by lethal_papercut on Aug 30, 2013, 12:30:05 PM
"
Just going to leave this here. It is a compilation of atrocities done in the name of religion since 1973. It's a hell of a list.

*Warning NSFW

And of course this means or proves nothing other than showing you how you can manipulate and pervert anything to gain approval for what otherwise would be viewed by everyone (even radicals) as a freaking atrocity.
We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.
"
barraclaw wrote:
The top three mass murderers in all of world history were atheists.

Pol Pot.
Stalin.
Communist dictator and plebe slayer extraordinaire, Mao Zedong.

You forgot Truman. He did annihilate entire cities, men women, and children with those atomic bombs.
Alright everyone! Stop raining on his hate parade! Its clear from his argument that atheists are all murders and love a challenge. Let's not let the truth get in the way!

"
"
barraclaw wrote:
The top three mass murderers in all of world history were atheists.

Pol Pot.
Stalin.
Communist dictator and plebe slayer extraordinaire, Mao Zedong.

You forgot Truman. He did annihilate entire cities, men women, and children with those atomic bombs.

Oversimplification = The art of avoiding critical thinking.

Spoiler
I hear a lot about how my argument is flawed, other people trying to show my argument isn't supported by facts, etc. etc. etc.

I don't recall having an argument. All I said was these guys were atheists. I guess you could argue about whether or not they were atheists, but everyone seems to be arguing against an argument that I didn't make.
Your statement was flawed to say the least. And on this forum, we enjoying pointing out flaws.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info