Season Four, Event 1: 105 Minute Turbo Solo

"
Jined wrote:
Is it me, or do you basically have to quit your job and family to win the good stuff? They seriously need to bump the point rewards up for the people with a life. Not all of us are teenagers that are home schooled. Whoever set this point system up, probably needs to take a break from gaming and find the sun.

Crom laughs at your (season) four winds!

And someone else has to give up their fun for years to study to run their own business, or be a doctor or something. I race because I enjoy them, and I like to beat my point total from last season. There is nothing wrong with getting like 200-300 points a season and only playing solo races, but if everyone could get top tier rewards on 4 hours a day, what incentive would that give the hard core players to participate in race after race?

If you make everyone a winner, no one wins.
IGN = Dellusions_Duelist
"
Dellusions wrote:
"
Jined wrote:
Is it me, or do you basically have to quit your job and family to win the good stuff? They seriously need to bump the point rewards up for the people with a life. Not all of us are teenagers that are home schooled. Whoever set this point system up, probably needs to take a break from gaming and find the sun.

Crom laughs at your (season) four winds!

And someone else has to give up their fun for years to study to run their own business, or be a doctor or something. I race because I enjoy them, and I like to beat my point total from last season. There is nothing wrong with getting like 200-300 points a season and only playing solo races, but if everyone could get top tier rewards on 4 hours a day, what incentive would that give the hard core players to participate in race after race?

If you make everyone a winner, no one wins.

Completely agree with this, I'm not very good at racing, and die quite a lot, but personally i just try to beat my last race / season score.

And the 1k points is, for me, supposed to be for those 5 guys or whatever that get top 5 in almost every race in their time zone.
"If you make everyone a winner, no one wins."

By design, people with jobs or families are not winners of Path of Exile races. I would even throw in teenagers in high school, and possibly people that sleep.

I assume the target audience isn't for family types or teenagers in high school anyways, and rightfully it shouldn't be. I'm thinking the target audience for those races are for people 18-25 (who don't get much sleep). Maybe Grinding Gear Games is trying to famish people, put them into exhaustion. That would be a twist considering the overly (overly overly) abundant health warnings that come with today's games :-).

Anyways, I agree with you honestly, I'm just making an observation about the races.
no points for first this and first that? hmm.
Also, who's idea was it to make a turbo race the signature race..?
Last edited by Awkward0ctopus on Aug 30, 2013, 10:06:35 PM
desync death first 10 mins into the new league rlllly makes me want to race again
@slangDontStop
I died in this race, and ended up in Standard? =0[.]o=
=^[.]^= basic (happy/amused) cheetahmoticon: Whiskers/eye/tear-streak/nose/tear-streak/eye/
whiskers =@[.]@= boggled / =>[.]<= annoyed or angry / ='[.]'= concerned / =0[.]o= confuzzled /
=-[.]-= sad or sleepy / =*[.]*= dazzled / =^[.]~= wink / =~[.]^= naughty wink / =9[.]9= rolleyes #FourYearLie
First race of season death to lag/desyncing rhoas in shipgraveyard yay.. Pretty sure wont be the last time that happens. Was probably one screen from coves with all monsters behind me then suddenly in the middle of 10 :/

Turbo is not skill but who can get lucky and skip enough stuff to still be progressed without ever getting caught in a desync at a bad moment. Or.. kill everything you see but lose to person who gets lucky surviving with some skipping.
General Racing Guide for Act 1
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/366585
Last edited by Powster on Aug 30, 2013, 8:38:51 PM
Really now. I died as 20th overall, but I honestly don't know what to do. I got first to ledge but my ledge was empty so I had to re-run ledge and still only got out at barely lvl 7, Brutus didn't drop nothing. Vendors had no res-rings and, my coves instance was empty aswell but I decided to go kill merveil because I was already frustrated enough at that point. However, vendor had no res rings that day either so meh. Got one-shot by a bunch of red exploders, so whatever.

I honestly can't believe this season's signature event is a turbo race, which amplifies RNG to an even greater extent than normal races do.

I said this before and I'll say it again, please make vendors have at least 2 of each resists rings at all times, there is absolutely no point in the vendor offering you 6 iron rings and 4 coral rings and no resist rings. It's just absolutely silly.
#1 Victim of Murphy's Law.
Last edited by SlixSC on Aug 30, 2013, 8:58:01 PM
Insta-gibbed by sparkers with no sparks anywhere near me.

Second life get desynced INTO a giant pack in ledge. How does that shit even happen...

Classy move ninja-removing cleave from ranger without mentioning it too.
This was pretty much my first 'race', but I placed 73, which I don't think is too bad. Also first time playing Turbo, man that was interesting.

Nearly died to Lag/Desync in Fellshrine on zombie Rare + group, so I was lucky.

I'm so sad that I went Ground Slam, and I had to use this Mallet and could not use the axe for AoE (I got this right before Merveil, it carried me).

IGN: EmptyPalms
Last edited by EmptyPalms on Aug 30, 2013, 9:58:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info