Killed Alira, no Quest Amulet

I killed her with minions. loot dropped but her amulet wasnt one of the loot.

In the pic her body is just to the right of my guy, the mesh gloved show where her loot dropped (that and a knife that I picked up before taking the shot) and the open inventory shows I dont have it.

Re running the fight now.

B.
The Preceding message contains discretion.
Viewer nudity is advised.
Second time she dropped the amulet, but died in a much more open place. and not completely surrounded by zombs and skeles

B.

edit: I let the minions killer her this time too.
Last edited by bredin on Sep 17, 2012, 10:58:55 PM
This sounds like a problem we're looking into, possibly related to Minion Instability or something similar.
Balance & Design
Just happened again on the medicine chest quest.

My minions didnt pop to kill the guy, but he was also completely surrounded by my minions, and like Alira was backed up to some scenery (limited drop space?)

regular loot dropped, but not the chest.

I'll keep an eye on it in any case.

B. (rerunning now)

edit: second time drop was ok, no pop, surrounded and backed up to scenery
Last edited by bredin on Sep 18, 2012, 12:38:33 AM
Could it be a totem summoning the minions, then dying? I'll have to see if I can reproduce this tomorrow!
Balance & Design
Hi, i'm playing a summoner too and the same thing happened to me, just killed her and she didn't drop her amulet.

Although i'm not sure if it was the minion attacks, them exploding, or the several firestorms i was casting over her head that killed her.

edit: went back and killed her the same way, she dropped the amulet this time.
Last edited by dakkagod on Sep 18, 2012, 10:40:19 AM
A totem is summoning my skeles

It is not MI, as it occurs even when there is no pop.

I just has the error again (Alira again, but as noted its not the only boss fight this happens on)

I could not tell if it was a skele that killed her or my zombs: once again she was totally surrounded.

rerunning the fight now, and will watch for the skeles to do the kill (I will back off and leave my zombs in bodyguard mode)

B.

edit: im 99% sure that my skeles killed her that time, and the amulet dropped as normal.
Last edited by bredin on Sep 18, 2012, 10:26:24 PM
"
bredin wrote:
A totem is summoning my skeles

It is not MI, as it occurs even when there is no pop.

I just has the error again (Alira again, but as noted its not the only boss fight this happens on)

I could not tell if it was a skele that killed her or my zombs: once again she was totally surrounded.

rerunning the fight now, and will watch for the skeles to do the kill (I will back off and leave my zombs in bodyguard mode)

B.

edit: im 99% sure that my skeles killed her that time, and the amulet dropped as normal.

What the dev meant there, is that the skeleton that took the last kill, wasnt cast by your current totem. It means the totem that cast that skeleton is dead/destroyed when you recast a new totem. Thus the killing blow is pointing to the old totem which isnt there anymore.

Perm. Retired from this unforgiving land of the Exiles.
Self-impost EXILED.
Last edited by starsg on Sep 19, 2012, 7:24:56 AM
Ahh, I get it.

It could happen like that. I do drop totems on top of the thing im trying to kill, so I am resummoning them, although once the bad guy is surrounded or stops moving the totem destroys the old skeles in a few seconds through resummoning.

B.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info