Pure evasion, Evasion + EB or Pure ES?

Sup folks, i had planned the following

Shadow - Bow & Arrow, with high emphasis on elemental damage.

Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAQYBNrhKMGPyeo-EWnUaob0q2MOyDYL7PiOoaNoZVJT2DWe0Hmd7DfBgBUz7YkFfm7mIsKYR7CzXwgvIOTABqb8HYk0zvqs_nl9NvSG7Vs3KZmNJRzicBybKlncAFgnH8129PwSf6wMvoniWa8ytyrm9kQrWSyptBxL5-NIybfltlW2WZrUNBB95HkaqDY609lXhMOlmEuhAdO0a68s99ORqZoksSA-xirh6j7uWdQM5K8wK_Cqv9AqYFJKyYrZjajwyUll5yWWn7spa415ysrORA4u_Ct-HnkkH5OiDI4CCIFUjwCvbr6bMJITXHBLdI1F4GGDZSZy8wxcXh5WHLJLz_l1hgGwZ7Z6AnC8-sYwqiHb3IyC5T0NZfdszIrhDGIu3PYww9T6IjOVQw9nhjQ8pV30L3jPdvB5SZGXrG3uK1g3HH2EfgGcsVd6__ajhpG_YYLUzoYlpfpaG5oUPwAzcYXAjd-BBLfD0rrrb4Q5ZuOEnax-J

My problem is, im currently level 32 and im smoking everything in my path in cruel, though its very much like a glass cannon, until.

Until i picked up Discpline skill gem, making it my 4th aura (Disc, Wrah, Clarity & Anger)

And despite more than 60% of mana been reserved i have no problems with mana. Sure i chugg a few mana pots when now and then but for the most part im ok.

I had planned on using Evasion + energy shield equipment and Speccing into Elderitch Battery with Evasion as my defense.

But im not sure if i need to.

Should i just go full out Energy shield with CI or keep my current path?

Its really not easy to tell which pathway is best and the game penalises for trying either due to how the passive skill tree reset works.
Last edited by Amoondrae on Sep 17, 2012, 12:06:33 PM
For a eva build you need a LOT of health. And of course for the CI build tons of ES, but this might take less nodes - only ES nodes, instead of eva + health, though eva + health might be a better defensive option on the long way (given enough health and eva) ;)
Another advantage of an ES build is that you can use Blood rage without getting hurt by it - throw Ghost reaver in and you get frenzy charges and ES leech from Blood rage...

About which pathway is the best - use what you like more, every way can work ;) The way the passive tree works encourages multiple playthroughs which IMHO gives a LOT of replayability for the game (because you have the innitiative to try something different)
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Sep 17, 2012, 12:17:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info