A few questions about Summoner build

Start is not easy, I needed help to kill Merviel and before it was a pain with exploding dogs that leave patch of fire. But since then it's dead easy.
Necros become very strong in endgame PvE. YOu can run nearly every map, without any problems. You skeletons wont be onehit anymore and can stay in a fight longer. This is also supported by the greater amount of skeles. Your zombies will deal lots of damage just by attacking and also by exploding.

I leveled a 8 Aura summoner and early game was easy, middle game was very hard, endgame was and is piece of cake.

With asummoner you can just put so much mf-gear on, and judt dont care about your own dmg.

I would not go with 2 curses. Usually you kill nmes fast enough. It is just viable when you plan to do bossruns. Otherwise i would invest those skillpoints in different things.

2 Totems are great. I would put them down to distract or deal dmg, while you cast yourself minions. Then you have a better control about what you cast, and WHERE you cast it (skeles should be always casted on the target they should attack, will increase you killspeed!).

But this build will definately be viable in the endgame, like it is for every summoner.

Your questions (not in order): Totem combi: Frostspear, lesser multiple Projectiles, Faster attack + something else. Totems you cast for its mana cost, and then your mana regens oc. Exception: Your totem keeps an aura up, than you have the reservation for that aura, as long as the totem is up.
No there are no numbers for our minions yet. So you can't compare your minions dps for example with other builds.
Conduit: I would say yes. Minions are you party members. Did not try it, but quite sure.
Aegis: Not a big fan of it. If you wanna do it, there is a unique shield, which give +20% phys dmg. This would push your minions again ;)

Last edited by WUlf1337 on Sep 18, 2012, 4:58:24 AM
"
RG_PankO wrote:
Why you say that 1 more totem will more hurt then help?

My summoner just finished act 1 at normal and I got to say - all my other characters were stronger at that level.
It's just hell, zombies and skeletons die so fast I can't recast them, the character has so low life, I can not 1v1 champions, it's just hell.
I really hope it gets better with time. I still don't have that explode passive though.

The reason I say that, is you are reaching too far into templar territory, using up your passives.

Go for QTY of minions first, along with defense, have one supporting attack.

First 30

Get a Totem Support Gem when you reach Level 31.

Minion Instability >> Extra totem

The 8 Passive Points you spend to get the Extra Totem would be better served on ES.

Hit me up in game

IGN: Ziyl

-- Providing opinions since I was old enough to tell my sister she was ugly.
Last edited by GrimJahk on Sep 18, 2012, 10:22:24 AM
I am a hybrid summoner templar, and I wonder, do you really need that many minions? Is it a big difference between 16 skeletons vs 10 skeletons + frozen?
"
RG_PankO wrote:

Q1: Does the totem has mana? Will it spam spells forever or it gets the characters mana and mana regen and after the mana is depleted it waits for mana recovery?

Q2: How much life and dmg does the skeletons/zombies have/do? I do not see numbers anywhere, neither hardcore numbers like 10-20 neither something like 40% of the character's DMG.

Q3: What is good combo for the support gem that makes totem? I experimented with that frost wall and it's pretty good, it casts the wall again and again and pushes away the mobs, pretty good at doors you stand at the door to block and the totem pushes them back with the wall.

Q4: Is there a unique that grants +1 max totems? I saw that there is a ring for +1 curses. How many and which are the uniques that gives +1zombies/skeletons and +totems, if there are +totems.

Q5: Necromatic Aegis - which gives the shield bonuses to the minions, not to the character itself. What shield is good for this passive?

Q6: Does Conduit share the Frenzy and Endurance charges with the minions aswell? If yes it will be a good idea to place 1 point there and use frenzy and endurance call every few seconds to buff the minions.

1. Totems spam spells until they are destroyed or the spell expires.

2. I'm not sure the damage/health of skellies is provided in the game anywhere.

3. I have skellies on my totem. It saves mana and a ton of casting time now that skellies are 2 at a time. They do plenty of damage cast from the totem with a minion damage support gem.

4. Check the uniques thread. I don't remember seeing one.

5. I'm currently using a kite shield with armor, resist, and life affixes. Seems to work nicely.

6. No, Conduit does not work on minions.
Open beta is still BETA.
Last edited by MorriganGrey on Sep 18, 2012, 7:26:05 PM
"
RG_PankO wrote:

Also now on global chat I saw someone saying that he would be happy to have Marohi Erqui - the unique hammer with 350+ - 550+ dmg, can be found here - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/12056 , to cast his auras for his minions.

So this works? To use swapped weapon the hammer - cast, for example, Wrath - which gives 20+% of phis dmg as cold, then switch back to wand and shield and you will have Wrath with ALOT of dmg?
Is this tested?

Minions damage is not related to your weapons damage, so the only advantage of using Marohi Erqui as an aura stick would be the increased area of effect inherent on the weapon. The unique is a very expensive piece of equipment. A better solution is using any 5 linked weapon (white/blue/yellow, doesnt matter) putting all the aura you want to share with your minions on it, and attaching an increased area of effect support gems.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/11707 -- Game Mechanics thread, answers to most of your questions.
I have actually made a youtube movie with a summoner witch that kills all the bosses in merc. difficulty (quite fast aswell)
Starting this build on low levels is quite hard, but once you gain enough summons with some support they own everything in sight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jl_B7M8krFU

Shape

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info