My Personal Opinion on GGG and PoE.

Hey. I'm currently downloading something, so I thought I would take the time to give my honest opinion on Path of Exile and Grind Gear Games. So, here goes.

I'll start off with GGG. This company by far seems the most committed to it's community. I have played many games, ranging from FPS to RPG, and this by far surpasses them all. With most games, the moderators/admins/devs always seemed a world away. Like, there was something separating them from the average players, like a level of hierarchy. Though, GGG has completely broken the mold on that. They're frequently seen in game speaking to players, answering questions, and being whole-heartedly involved in what the community has to offer. Also the appearance in media, such as the YouTube channel show-casing the build of the week. It's the subtle things that prove to me that this company doesn't just care about revenue, but about the people playing. I'm proud to see a company so involved in what they love doing, and frankly it's a sign to me that you can enjoy your job, as well as running it efficiently.

Now, onto the main attraction, Path of Exile. I've always been a gamer. Since the first day I picked up a controller when I was 3. Online gaming came much later, but from then on I always loved the community that came with. Going on games and being apart of the community, I always had an envy for the people who had been with a game from the start. Envious of their tenure among the game and community. But with this game, there's a chance for me doing that. To play from the infancy of this game, and see it grow and proper. I very much want to do that. This game, is hands down one of the best games I have ever played. For loot-based games, Diablo II has always been the corner stone for this market. But in my honest opinion, this game will someday take D2's place. From day one of getting my beta-key, I've been impressed with this game. And even though it's still in it's infancy, this game has a lot of things going for it. I can only imagine what this game will have to offer once it's fully developed.

So, from the bottom of my heart, I salute everyone who makes this game possible. GGG, the mods, and the community. I plan on playing this game until the end of time, and I hope to see the same from the players.

Sincerely,
-iDPF
-Salute
Aplier

"
Like, there was something separating them from the average players, like a level of hierarchy. Though, GGG has completely broken the mold on that. They're frequently seen in game speaking to players, answering questions, and being whole-heartedly involved in what the community has to offer.

One thing I think shows this off the most was that Chris once posted in the trading forum a "wtb gem" post, just like any other player, saying "devs need items too!". This just goes to show that the devs play this game like any other person, instead of "hacking" all the awesome items onto their accounts and running around in god-mode.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info