2 handed Claw!

I know the concept would be silly, sweeping the air, flesh and bone with a 2 handed claw isn't exactly the most logical thing in the world. But then again, this is a fantasy game, right?

The objective behind this is a specific Shadow Build. Double Strike is an awesome skill, that takes into account both claw damage.
Frenzy? Flicker Strike? Not really.

Maybe this is an intended feature to prevent dual wielders from being overpowered, and if so, I would like some GGG feedback.

Another possibility would be changing the skills to consider dual wielding.

What are you guys thoughts on this one?
Before you ask: no, I am not a beta member.

I just played in the last stress weekend, created a shadow and got to level 25 or 26 (played saturday and sunday).

The reason I am not a beta member: I am portuguese, but even though I am 24 y.o. and with a great job, we don't really use credit cards. Our favourite paying method is Paysafe Card. Fast and safe.

So please don't judge, I am pretty familiar with RPG mechanics' and tactics :)
"
boneraiser wrote:
I know the concept would be silly, sweeping the air, flesh and bone with a 2 handed claw isn't exactly the most logical thing in the world. But then again, this is a fantasy game, right?

The objective behind this is a specific Shadow Build. Double Strike is an awesome skill, that takes into account both claw damage.
Frenzy? Flicker Strike? Not really.

Maybe this is an intended feature to prevent dual wielders from being overpowered, and if so, I would like some GGG feedback.

Another possibility would be changing the skills to consider dual wielding.

What are you guys thoughts on this one?

I'm a little bit flattered that you quoted my thread, I'll do my best to answer your questions here, and then back on mine.

A 2 handed claw would be an awesome idea, while maybe not the most physically useful weapon. I can't see it being implemented as a standard unique, but I've been working on thinking up a number of claw (and staff) ideas for if I ever become a Diamond.

You appear to be confusing
Unavailable
Unavailable
, they have similar names I know.

Other skills do account for dual wielding, sort of, in that for most you switch weapons each time. GGG has stated that only Dual Strike and Cleave use both weapons at once, Cleave because it fits the animation and has a large damage penalty on it, and Dual Strike because "thats its thing" to have very high flat damage and no bonus effects (like elemental damage, poison, effect on kill, and so on). Dual Wielding already gives a multiplying 10% attack speed, as well as all the dual wield specific passives, which already gives decent bonus over one-hand and shield builds.

I agree with their stance, that DW has inherently higher damage already from the attack speed and passives, making skills work with both weapons at once would be far too overpowered. Having attacks that alternate weapons isn't a very big penalty as long as both your weapons are pretty even in power. While I would like to see some more AOE options for daggers/claws, I think dual wielding is in a good place right now.
Last edited by Aplier on Sep 17, 2012, 6:01:23 AM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
Haha, don't be, there is no need for that ^^'

Oh, indeed, I meant dual strike :p

Yes, I see your point, but what if there were gem penalties specific for Dual Wielding? That way the base damage would be cut for a flat % and allow proper balancing.

However that could be harder to implement than just a kickass-roundhouse-sweeping-2handed-claw :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info