0.11.4 - [ONS] The Bringer Of Pain & Justice | Videos Added

Hello, I decided to show off my build which uses Infernal Blow & Dominating Blow(sometimes) end-game and is able to clear mostly any map mods without much difficulty.

Pros:
- Damage is insane, can clear maps in 2 minutes or less.
- Can carry 6-man parties if mobs are being properly cursed with elemental weakness/flammability.
- Very fun to play. No need to worry about necromancers reviving mobs ever again!
- Very cheap to get started.
- High block chance.
- Very good single target and AOE damage, comparable to Discharge AOE damage.

Cons:
- Resists are EXTREMELY hard to cap.
- Prone to death if you are not experienced. (You need very good positioning for this build.)
- End-game gearing becomes very expensive depending on the league.
- Cannot do No regeneration + Elemental/Physical Reflect maps. Blood magic maps are also sketchy.
- Chaos Alchemists will be your worst enemy.
- Low Int, will have to make up for it on gear to be able to use other curses.
- Limited on sockets.
- Prone to stun lock if you do not pay attention. (ie: Vulnerability cursed and being ranged. Blocking and getting stuck in the stun animation at the same time is not fun.)

My current build:
Onslaught FB Level 87

Finished build:
Onslaught FB Level 100

Bandit Rewards:
Normal: +40 Life
Cruel: Either +8% Attack Speed or +18% Physical Damage. I chose attack speed.
Merciless: +1 Endurance Charge

Leveling:
Grab these:

Leveling Guide

Disclaimer: I do not really enjoy leveling myself, so naturally leveling isn't my strong point. The best thing to do is get rushed by your friends. I have written a rough guide on what you should be aiming for.

Normal: Start off the game normally until you are able to wear Facebreakers and Crest of Perandus, I suggest grabbing an amulet with dex and start looking for +phys gear with life on it as you won't need to worry about resists for a while.

What to aim for in the skill tree: Resolute Technique
Starting off.

Cruel: You should begin looking for resists on gear, and making sure that you also have as much life as possible. For gems you should be leveling Enduring Cry and Warlord's Mark. Continue to use the Facebreaker+Crest of Perandus with Foxshade combo, you will have sufficient damage all the way through and the life leech on the perandus shield should be enough.

I suggest you begin leveling a Dominating Blow to handle reflect in maps.

What to aim for in the skill tree: Iron Reflexes
Getting IR

Depending how comfortable you are with the build, you may opt to take IR earlier, otherwise I suggest you grab more life nodes if you need it.

Merciless: Your fire resist should be capped by now and you will start working on getting some block nodes and more survivability now. The rest of your resists should also be getting closed to capped. If this is your first build you will have to take it very slow while progressing and make sure you farm zones until you are very over leveled. Personally at this point I was still using a 3-Linked Infernal Blow, with Melee Splash and Added Fire Damage.

I suggest having someone kill the bosses for you if you are still inexperienced and farming more to understand your limits.

What to aim for in the skill tree: Life nodes
Near the end.

It's very important to note that this build is meant for destroying packs of mobs and using your offense as defense. Since Life builds are not as strong as CI builds in the games current state, you will need to be able to react quickly and position yourself in fights properly at all times to minimize your chance of dying.

TLDR: While leveling, just blow everything up with Infernal Blow & Melee splash. I used this combo until level 76 in maps until I got a good shield and then acquired better gear.

The Gear!
What you will need is a 4 linked Bringer of Rain.
You will run Infernal Blow, Melee Splash, Life Leech and Blood magic.

When fighting bosses I suggest that you have a Multistrike available to swap when you are lower level. I carry one around at all times, same with Dominating Blow. I find it to be very effective for single target.

Helm - The Bringer of Rain
Shield - High block chance, Resists, Life
Boots - Movement speed, Life, resists, Dex
Amulet - Turquoise/Lapis/Jade, Life, +Physical, Resists, Attack Speed, +Int/All Attributes
Rings - Life, +Physical, Resists, Str/Int, Attack speed
Belt - Meginord's Girdle
Gloves - Facebreaker.

List of gems you should have:

Optional ;)

The auras you will run: Purity, Grace, Hatred, Determination.

In my boots I run Grace, Warlord's Mark and Enduring Cry linked to Blood Magic. I feel that Enduring Cry and Warlord's Mark are the most important skills of the build, since if you solo Warlord's Mark will be very helpful to keep your flasks up all the time and the extra leech is very nice.

In my shield I run Tempest Shield and Portal linked with Reduced mana. Portal isn't mandatory but it is personal preference. Tempest Shield is very good since it is 4% block chance and after the 0.11.4 patch you are not going to be running anything extra.

How do I deal with minus max reflect maps?
I generally swap in Dominating Blow and carry on as usual.

Is there a video of this in action?
Yes! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UbtkJC8up74

In this video I will show you how desync affects this build by having a /oos ready.
How to play very aggressive, check rooms before you attack!
Duck and weave mobs - ALWAYS GET THE RANGED MOBS!
Taking a lot of damage, keeping the pace in maps.
You will see me play somewhat recklessly, only because I have done a lot of maps solo without enfeeble and put myself in very bad situations, I understand the damage I will take because of this.

Strand Run with enfeeble - http://youtu.be/8GSTdQgTb50
Minus Max Elemental Reflect - http://youtu.be/YI5MO5Sn0M0

I will possibly upload more videos of group play in the future.

Protips!
I suggest playing with Key Pickup ON. Hold alt and pick up your items, so you don't have to worry about looting random items.

When you have a Bringer, you can still equip a chest! To do this put a chest on and then the Bringer of Rain, it will obviously disable the chest, but you are able to carry gems around in it.

It's wise to have these handy for different situations. Saffels for bosses like Piety. Ruby flask is good when you're just starting out and doing lower maps so that you do not take much damage from reflect too.

Also being able to /oos instantly is very helpful. Plus uncheck auto-equip items!

My current gear.

My Stats

Stats in lab:

Dominating Blow w/ Melee Splash (I wouldn't multistrike this):

Infernal Blow w/ Multistrike:

Infernal Blow w/ Melee Splash:

Feel free to ask me any questions about the build if you want, I may edit this in the future to make it easier to read.
Last edited by Scape on Aug 26, 2013, 9:10:47 PM
#rekt 1 year later, 8/20/14. Forsaken masters hype
Last edited by Glaciez on Aug 20, 2014, 5:02:13 PM
Im currently doing this build but a few problems
1. The shield you put, it has level 8 but it requires dex that I can't get on my items
So I'm taking it to put it in that extra +30 dexterity node above the +30 intelligence, just so I can use it until I find a dexterity item.
2. The skill points build, I think you should add what someone should be building in level 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70. I am currently level 16 and am lost to which of the two places I should be building into. But since I guessed, it's to go into resolute technique, since my attacks are mostly being evaded.
3. Also you can press Z, to always see the items you're picking up and not be confused.
4. You should at least put what gems to choose, like I usually build life gain on hit, just to be able to tank big time.
Anyways, I will play some more tomorrow (26th) and will post more things on this later. Thanks for the guide though.
"
Falc0neye wrote:
Im currently doing this build but a few problems
1. The shield you put, it has level 8 but it requires dex that I can't get on my items
So I'm taking it to put it in that extra +30 dexterity node above the +30 intelligence, just so I can use it until I find a dexterity item.
2. The skill points build, I think you should add what someone should be building in level 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, and 70. I am currently level 16 and am lost to which of the two places I should be building into. But since I guessed, it's to go into resolute technique, since my attacks are mostly being evaded.
3. Also you can press Z, to always see the items you're picking up and not be confused.
4. You should at least put what gems to choose, like I usually build life gain on hit, just to be able to tank big time.
Anyways, I will play some more tomorrow (26th) and will post more things on this later. Thanks for the guide though.

For leveling, you will need to find a jade amulet early on, and usually some +physical damage on gear, taking the early nodes isn't bad either.

I'll be sure to add more detail to the guide too, thanks for the input.
Added a couple of videos and made it more detailed.
Have you ever thought about trying to use aegis aurora with this build? I was trying to think of a way but it seems like too many points, but if you could somehow get it to work I think it could be really good.

Also for rich folks, you should get a second bringer with frenzy colors for ele reflect maps.
IGN: Legends
Last edited by Legendknewl on Sep 16, 2013, 1:39:24 AM
Interesting build I got a Bringer of Pain Helm and stumbled across one of your vids
"
Bloodgrave wrote:
Interesting build I got a Bringer of Pain Helm and stumbled across one of your vids

did you really have to necro this? christ

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info