Added Fire Damage + Molten Shell

Question here because I could not get a clear answer from in game.

Added Fire Damage appears, on your skill bar, to support molten shell.

However, the fire damage dealt out when Molten Shell is dispelled while linked to Fire Damage does not appear to change.

So, is this a tool tip bug or do these two skills not play together?

Getting contradictory feedback in game.

Thanks.
The gem affects Molten Shell and does what it says, adds xx% of physical damage as fire damage. Because Molten Shell only does fire damage however, that xx% of 0 physical adds 0 fire damage. So the gem "does" work, in that it increases mana cost and applies its effect, that effect just does nothing.
"
Aplier wrote:
The gem affects Molten Shell and does what it says, adds xx% of physical damage as fire damage. Because Molten Shell only does fire damage however, that xx% of 0 physical adds 0 fire damage. So the gem "does" work, in that it increases mana cost and applies its effect, that effect just does nothing.

So it is pointless to have these two skills linked together?

Sorry it is late and I'm tired.
Yes, added fire damage does nothing for molten shell except increase mana cost, =)

(sorry, I tend to have over complicated answers)
"
Aplier wrote:
Yes, added fire damage does nothing for molten shell except increase mana cost, =)

Thanks for the information!

That is something that should be changed honestly. Molten Shell does fire damage, why should the support gem Added Fire Damage not support a skill that does fire damage?

Fix/Add this GGG!!!!!!!
It's just the way that Added Fire Damage is named is misleading, it's supposed to be a way to add an elemental damage to your physical attack (or ethereal knives), rather than to add more fire damage to a fire spell (for which there's plenty of generic spell damage bonuses).
"
nateedubs wrote:
"
Aplier wrote:

Thanks for the information!

That is something that should be changed honestly. Molten Shell does fire damage, why should the support gem Added Fire Damage not support a skill that does fire damage?

Fix/Add this GGG!!!!!!!

As others said re-read the description of the skill ;) You need to do some physical damage for the gem do add anything - it is best used in physical heavy builds...

Mind though that added cold and added lightning damage works differently.
Proud 5th duelist in the Jul 1 2012 Ladder Race and in the Nov 3 2012 Solo Turbo Race :D
And even prouder 4th Templar in the Nov 10 Four-hour Party Hardcore Race :P
Current OB success:
top 20 Ranger in 105 Minute Turbo Solo (S4E9)
Last edited by Sony_Black on Sep 17, 2012, 1:52:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info