Question regarding Lava Lash!

its the same as weapon elemental damage, but it applies only to fire
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Yes it will be reflected. I can see my dps increase about a few hundred with lava slash when anger turned on.
As far as I can tell, damage from aura's DON'T work with lava lash.

I didn't use anger and lava lash, but rather tried the same interaction between Hatred and Ice Bite (the Lava Lash equivalent in the duelist branch). I don't remember the numbers exactly, so as an arbitrary example number Hatred in the test gave me 1000 extra DPS without Ice Bite. However when I specced into Ice Bit, I did not gain 300 extra cold damage like I would expect. Instead I only gained about 10 cold damage (based off of cold damage on gear).

This was recent too, roughly a month ago, so unless they snuck in a patch on me....
Last edited by ApatheticConqueror on Aug 10, 2014, 2:27:07 AM
Ice Bite give 30% increased (additive) cold damage, not 30% more (multiplicative) cold damage. If you already have a lot of increased damage, adding another 30% won't make much of a difference in your total damage.
actaully, lava lash works best with added flat damage (from auras and gear). The reason is that it is additive with other increases and average elemental attack character (who does not use elemental converted from physical) has much less %increase than average phys (or converted from phys) character
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
So to sum up this thread so far:
Lava Lash only works when your character already does fire damage, it does not convert physical to fire on its own.
Lava. Lash DOES work with Anger, however because it stacks additively not multiplicitvely it may not be as large an increase as you wld think.
Flat fire damage characters get a greater boost from this passive than % bonus fire damage characters.

Good info guys.
to sum it up:

Lava lash works best with flat fire damage (good example is Oros Sacrifice with Anger). Because there is only little elemental/weapon elemental damage bonuses in tree, you get some from gear and end up somewhere around 150% increase. With lava lash, 180% or 150% is a big difference (actually 12% more damage)

On the other hand, with infernal blow (as an example of fire damage from conversion, where your fire portion is affected by both physical and fire/elemental increases) you can easily have 400% increased damage (phys damage from gem level, strength, lot of phys damage passives) so taking lava lash in this case would result in 3% more damage (6% with Avatar of fire)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Aug 11, 2014, 5:42:43 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info