Upcoming 0.11.5 microtransaction effect - Infernal Anger Aura

Also, for everyone complaining about how they changed the auras before in an attempt to improve performance and now are adding this in, it might be worth considering the timing on it as well, specifically the fact that this is coming just AFTER the 0.11.4 update in which they made a bunch of other improvements to the graphics performance. Maybe they decided that these changes would now allow them to go back to having better aura effects without having as much of an impact on performance as they would have before the patch.
My witch Infernal Rain will be pleased.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
If you don't buy microtransactions anyways, I can not see why do you even care for the aura effect. You should be having other things in game to look at rather than looking at your char. I know also for a fact that most people play solo, so you ca't even increase size of your e-peen with it. GG GGG

5 page thread full of whining and nobody is even asking about this new support gem they want to add, how sad this can get?
Last edited by doomhammar on Aug 23, 2013, 1:18:24 AM
A lot of people said the same thing so I'm just going to make a reply instead of quoting a specific person.

Yes, they took the old auras out for being too flashy, and are now adding new flashy auras as microtransactions. The reason for this is that most players will not have microtransactions. There is a huge difference between every single character being a walking disco, and one person you occasionally see who paid some money. Could you imagine if weapon glows were in the game on every weapon based on weapon affixs rather than as microtransactions?
"
"
doomhammar wrote:

5 page thread full of whining and nobody is even asking about this new support gem they want to add, how sad this can get?

No shit.

What goss have you got on the Gem Charan? :P

Also, I like the new Aura, shame I don't use anger though.. Would be interested in how you could "articulate" (make into Art adjective?) a hatred Aura though.. Whilst clear, a circling swastika / Black panther fist / feminism fist would probably cause some upset to people who already whinge about free stuff. A penguin sliding around the character (Because cold) would be cute / rather non-offensive. Maybe shit though.

Or, to match the valentines MTX from last year, the vitality could be a bloody, beating heart that squirts some life juice (blood, you grommets) around the player. That would be aces!

I think the original determination Aura had it nailed. Unsure if there's going to be one for each aura, but it would make sense.

Beer o'clock yet?
IGN: Wraewych (81 Fireball Crit Witch) - Selling her Gear in this thread:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/416183
IGN: UnnecessaryPleasantries (81 HS / LS / IB Marauder)
I do have to say though I'm very curious what that support gem could be. Also very excited for aura microtransactions! I don't really like the infernal one but I'm hoping at least some of the future microtransaction auras are, well, auras (as in particles emanating from the character rather than an object just spinning around you).
Better hope that the new support gem turns out to be for melee.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

So you make the auras look like shit because they were too distracting and now you release this smh, I want the old determination and purity aura's back
"
Chris wrote:
"
Nycro wrote:
Looks like you're striving more and more to make free players look stupid and paying players look awesome. This game is now completely P2NotLookTerrible when I used to be able to look awesome without paying, I'm quitting.

More of our development budget goes towards free updates to make players look cool (like the new helmet art) than to microtransactions. For the servers to stay up we have to have cool looking stuff to sell, but we try very hard to have a variety of good looking free options as well.

well.. you can start by fixing desync. this is a BIGGEST issue of this game.

auras.. who cares when your new skill you create (not a good one sadly) is mostly 'wtf fest' because mobs on the server are in completely different place than on the screen.. and skill relies on aiming (i have 40ms ping and this shit is unreal)

and yes, ive read your 'desync post'. it is a wall of excuses. just fix it, just tell us when we can expect it done. you have several months left before d3exp is here. no matter how bad d3 was, people will go play it leaving the servers to be financed by a group hardcore players. but hardcore players do not have the scale effect and server bills are huge, arent they?
is there any chanche that in the future you will change the camera zoom and angle?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info