Upcoming 0.11.5 microtransaction effect - Infernal Anger Aura

Yeah, I'm definitely going to get this one.
Bullshit, you get the game for free.

-Qarl
So, correct me if I am wrong.

First - in order to 'reduce' the load on players in parties that run multiple auras you remove the amazing effects they had and replace them with mostly watered down variants (leaving Enemies will better looking auras still), then release cool looking ones because frankly players want their auras back to looking awesome?

While I like the skill effect, the PR it shows feels like a lot of players will take it like a slap in the face.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/344469 My Secret Stash!
Self-Proclaimed SlothFather
IGN: Asscreedfourteen
People complaining about visual upgrades just seem pathetic to me.

There has to be a low point where some people stop complaining because it's just not worth it, and I have yet to see it.

@topic: Nice Aura, not really my style (I don't use anger anyway). But I will look forward to the other Auras.
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
So wait... Let me get this right.
You make Aura's look awesome, then you remove the awesomeness and they are just plain circles. Now your making it a micro transaction to get some sort of decent auras when the game should have the old or some sort of new 1's implemented....

I understand this as a business perspective but you went backwards on this concept.
Give Auras the rightful look they deserve then throw in micro transactions to see if the community wants to change it up.
IGN: KayeOsse, Ryuukossei
Shop: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/390077
KayeOsse's Ci Crit Ranger Build: www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/471594
www.Twitch.tv/Fall3nLeg3nd
I like the new auras. Appear to be one of the few. Not a big fan of this new aura effect, although I do like the idea.

While I think the 'effect' is neato, the idea behind this is....very cheesed.

You removed the VERY well made original aura art, and never gave us the ability to turn them back on, via an option in the graphic settings, and now you want to give us something back that doesn't look nearly as good, and expect people to pay for something that was technically already there in the first place?

This is a terrible move on your part. However I love you guys, and the game, so I'm hoping maybe you will incorporate the original aura effects back into the game some way at least.

I wouldn't want to find a really nice unique item, enjoy the stats and most of all the cool art, only to have the art removed and then added back later as a "hey you have to BUY it now" thing. You know?

I know I sound like one of those tools that complain about a free game, but in all seriousness, you shouldn't remove something so loved by your community, and then attempt to give a broken piece of it back to them as a "give us money" ploy.

The skull itself, I think would make a lot of people dizzy over a long period of gameplay, however optional it may be. I'd just like to have the original aura effects back.

In-game option: [] "More detailed Aura Effects" <-- Go go.
"
Fall3nLEg3nds wrote:
You make Aura's look awesome, then you remove the awesomeness and they are just plain circles. Now your making it a micro transaction to get some sort of decent auras when the game should have the old or some sort of new 1's implemented....

I understand this as a business perspective but you went backwards on this concept.
Give Auras the rightful look they deserve then throw in micro transactions to see if the community wants to change it up.

This.

I'm pretty disappointed with this move GGG, it seems like you're trying to make things look bad to push people into buying more microtransactions and using stupid excuses like "improving performance" as a cover-up. If you really wanted to give the players what they asked for you would give us an in game option to get old aura effects back.
Last edited by Nycro on Aug 23, 2013, 12:01:19 AM
"
Fall3nLEg3nds wrote:

+1
"
Chris wrote:
"
SirLoin wrote:
Nice. So this microtransaction will have to be applied to the aura gem?

Yes.

"
iiO wrote:
How about some PvP improvements or news? Something that you guys are even trying for PvP?

We have some awesome PvP improvements coming. I cannot talk about them at the moment, unfortunately.

I lol'd.

You are the lead developer. You can talk about whatever you want. A better answer would be, "we are not prepared to release details yet"
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Looks pretty neat. Not something I'm personally interested in though because I feel it'd be lost among everything else pretty easily.

The complaining is pathetic. Auras looked like shit before and they still look like shit, except now they take up less screen space.
Last edited by Septile on Aug 23, 2013, 12:10:05 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info