Chin Sol close range dmg?

Does the +100% dmg work?
I tried it and I don't see any diference :/
Bump?
The bow can be found here -> http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/12056
I don't know, I heard the "at close range" mechanics don't work yet, and haven't noticed any fixes in the patch notes.

I just got my Chin Sol yesterday, but still under specs to test it myself. Just holding on to it until I find out whether it's been fixed or is being planned to be.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
It was broken before .9.12 for sure. Knockback does work I will test the damage to be a 100% sure but seemed like it was working for me. Although I have point blank as well so will have to give it a go on another character. Since knockback and damage increase both state close range I would assume if target is knocked back it should apply damage bonus as well. By the way Qarl has pointed out that it does stack with Point Blank but it does not have damage bonus decreasing with range - it's all or nothing.
I have a regret I can donate, if you would like to test without point blank.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Already tested, thanks for the offer. Well from what I've tried it does seem to work. From quite far away I did 50-75% total health damage to zombies and from up close they always died in 1 hit. I guess it was just not mentioned in the patch notes.
I tested it alot.
Killed more then 30 mobs.
IMO it do NOT work.
I did same dmg in close and range - without point blank.

Where can we get a 100% viable answer let's say by a developer?
Chin Sol's bonus damage is currently bugged, =)
It was bugged in 0.9.11, but by the time we found that out, we'd already made the change to arrows using projectiles which redid all the code associated with it, so our copies wren't using the buged code. rather than bakctrack to fix it just for one version, it was left.
All the relevant code has been re-written in 0.9.12 and it has worked since the release of that patch.
Oh, cool! I didn't see it listed in the patch notes at all as a bug fix, so assumed it was still the same. I guess I shoulda realized that you'd be fixing it while recoding everything, hahaha =D

oh, and thanks for the clarification! I'm starting to feel kinda bad about all the things that I don't quite know when i try to help people, =(
Last edited by Aplier on Sep 17, 2012, 3:07:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info