Update Did Nothing Performance Wise - Past Issues, Help? :(

Issue: Hardware Utilization maxes out at around 30-40%, fps range from 200 in town to anywhere as low as 5 in an actual instance, so I lose approx 100+ fps when leaving town no matter what. Alt tabbing creates further fps issues, vsync does nothing to change my gpu's usage.

Computer Specs:

Core i7 950
GIGABYTE X58-UD3R Motherboard
12 gigs triple channel g.skill sniper @ 1600mhz
Corsair 750 watt power supply
Radeon HD 7970 3GB Video Card

Western Digital 500GB Hard Drive @ 7200rpm

Fps is at 200 in town with vysnc off, soon as I enter maps, Enter Lunaris my fps fluctuates anywhere from 100 to 5fps. Alt tabbing during runs cuts fps in half when I tab back in, never seen that happen before in my life.

For some odd reason my gpu usage never goes above 40% usage, I monitored them while gaming even with vysnc off or on it still doesn't max out to 99% like bf3 will and other demanding games. My cpu usage barely hits 40%-50%. So I don't understand what is happening.

http://imageshack.us/a/img443/8108/j1ru.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img855/8362/dehl.png
http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/3312/fyin.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img46/3044/283r.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img839/1301/im5p.png
http://imageshack.us/a/img547/6990/3fi9.png

Lv 93 Necro.
Last edited by BtKCaliber on Aug 21, 2013, 12:37:09 PM
"
BtKCaliber wrote:
Computer Specs:

Core i7 950
GIGABYTE X58-UD3R

Need a few more specs than that to see anything.

How about pasting the results of a dxdiag export into a spoiler tag here and we can take a look.
so you are missing a gfx card, ram, hdd and OS...not surprised it's not helping you.

A little more info would help...what performance issues did you have before what you are experiencing now and a dxdiag wouldn't go amiss either
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
Drakier wrote:
"
BtKCaliber wrote:
Computer Specs:

Core i7 950
GIGABYTE X58-UD3R

Need a few more specs than that to see anything.

How about pasting the results of a dxdiag export into a spoiler tag here and we can take a look.

I know sorry about that! For some reason when I was hitting tab and enter it submitted my thread when i wasn't finish doing anything!
Lv 93 Necro.
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
so you are missing a gfx card, ram, hdd and OS...not surprised it's not helping you.

A little more info would help...what performance issues did you have before what you are experiencing now and a dxdiag wouldn't go amiss either

Performance issues remained the same as before.
Lv 93 Necro.
Do you have tessellation disabled? What about also enabling vsync from the ATI panel?

Any reason you NEED 200fps? 120 is really more than your eyes can even perceive. If you can get a stable 60-120, then you'll be fine. I think vsync might help with that possibly.
"
Drakier wrote:
Do you have tessellation disabled? What about also enabling vsync from the ATI panel?

Any reason you NEED 200fps? 120 is really more than your eyes can even perceive. If you can get a stable 60-120, then you'll be fine. I think vsync might help with that possibly.

Yeah, that would be fine if all I do is run around in town talking to NPC's all day. Soon as I enter maps look at the screenshots I provided to see what happens to my frames... Look at the graph, it's literally straight up and down, like playing in one massive lag spike constantly :(
Lv 93 Necro.
Last edited by BtKCaliber on Aug 21, 2013, 12:22:26 PM
"
BtKCaliber wrote:

The problem is you don't give an example of what the problem was before or after in the OP which is what i replied to...now you have added info.

Yes the fps fluctuations remain using a 7850 myself and generally solo play, the performance has improved for the most part...the fps still wobbles but before it paused for a fraction every time something was used like ice shot or discharge which only happens now when getting hit with multiple ice shots at once.

Chris did say that Jonathan was working on some FPS increase but aimed more at lower end cpus

"
Also, Jonathan has come up with an improvement that may yield a substantial frame rate increase for users with slower CPUs. He's experimenting with it at the moment and we're expecting to patch it in as soon as it's ready (hopefully within a week).

Every little helps though

"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
BtKCaliber wrote:

The problem is you don't give an example of what the problem was before or after in the OP which is what i replied to...now you have added info.

Yes the fps fluctuations remain using a 7850 myself and generally solo play, the performance has improved for the most part...the fps still wobbles but before it paused for a fraction every time something was used like ice shot or discharge which only happens now when getting hit with multiple ice shots at once.

Chris did say that Jonathan was working on some FPS increase but aimed more at lower end cpus

"
Also, Jonathan has come up with an improvement that may yield a substantial frame rate increase for users with slower CPUs. He's experimenting with it at the moment and we're expecting to patch it in as soon as it's ready (hopefully within a week).

Every little helps though

I thought the problem was quite obvious, the game runs poorly, it did before and it does now, even on a high end system such as mine it should not be crippling it to 5 fps drops when not even utilizing 40% of my hardware's capability, It makes no sense.
Lv 93 Necro.
I'm sorry but "performance issues" could be anything from the fps spikes to the game crashing and or other, when you don't specify what you are talking about and basically give bugger all info in the original post how the hell is anyone supposed to help you.

Yes i realize that the "high end PC" you have and that many others have struggle as dose mine and i also realize that with the tiny team of people that they have working on the game that it is going to take some time to get the problems ironed out particularly on a game that is practically hand written by a few people...all you can do is give them as much info as possible rather than a post which summed up is "performance bad, i have an i7"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info