So what has D3 actually done right?

Animations are the only thing they have done better than PoE, IMO.
Danskere: PM mig, hvis I har brug for en guild.
Last edited by ongZ on Aug 21, 2013, 10:59:54 AM
ok...where's my gun to kill myself now?!
Beta Member Since 2010
How many of you commenting actually played and manage to kill diablo before the game recieved its first major patch. I have... have you? So if you have not killed Diablo after it's first major patch you have no right to even comment. They have done nothing right only fix major mistakes. The game is still freaking boring.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Diablo 3 has done nothing right. Nothing.
Bullshit, you get the game for free.

-Qarl
"
DaveSW wrote:
Diablo 3 has done nothing right. Nothing.

Diablo 3 has done something right. It sent me here.
Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

Last edited by JohnNamikaze on Aug 21, 2013, 6:12:44 PM
The animations and combat flow of Diablo 3 and POE is certainly different, but I enjoy both and for the most part I prefer POE.
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
It separated many wallets from their contents.

Also the Unique monster mechanics were creative, I wouldn't say they were 100% good.
There were plenty combinations I cam across that could simply not be beat. Often these were part of the quest and could not be skipped.

It just became another way to lose gold.

The other thing it did well is that combat is very fluid.

Other than that it took the good name of Diablo and shat all over it. And for some reason they removed dungeon randomization (because they pumped it out in 12 months most likely)
You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world,
and there’s still going to be somebody who hates peaches.
Well, I'm apparently in the minority here but i found diablo 3 to be pretty boring after the first 2 or so playthroughs.
It was a quite good trashy singleplayer Game, 20 hours or so long then it sucked royally in the longterm. Broken clsses on releaseday, the auctionhouse killing selffound playstyles and more just added to it. It was pretty. Not much else.

However, it fails as an online game with the almost non-existent pvp system, the broken inflationary economy and the nonbrainer Skillsystem (and gemsystem) as it has no real longterm gain for me.
Last edited by Yggdrassil69 on Aug 21, 2013, 6:29:54 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info