Unlock code every time ....

I get a new IP-adress every 24 hours from my ISP and I have to get this unlock code every new day if I want to play.
Can't you take a cookie and check if it's the same compter rather then checking the IP that switches every day for most people?
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
This feature will come in the future. Until then, you'll have to check your email every day.
"
Your Path of Exile account has been locked because someone attempted to log in from a location that you don't typically play from - "Duisburg, Nordrhein-Westfalen, Germany".

That is the only location I play from .... well, looks like some clumsy ID-system.
Make
Spectral Throw
great again
"
CommodoX wrote:
That is the only location I play from .... well, looks like some clumsy ID-system.

The problem is that your home address is a "physical" address.. it exists in a non-moving location in the world. IP Addresses are "virtual" addresses in that most of the times, they don't stay in 1 geographical area as we would define it (city). So while your home physical address doesn't change, if you have a dynamic IP, then your IP changes, and the city it is "attached" to in the geolocation database also changes.

The current system only records the last IP and City you are in. If your IP changes, it only causes you to re-enter your password as it invalidates your credentials. If your City also changes, then it will require the unlock code as they are no longer sure it is "you".

They're working on changing this system as was posted previously, but for now, people just need to deal with the system as it is. It's not THAT bad for the extra security it provides honestly.
Last edited by Drakier on Aug 21, 2013, 10:36:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info