Reconnect to patch

Dont wanna mention about the long time it takes to download the patch, BUT for pete's sake, can we at least get a reconnector to the downloader so at least it reconnects to the last known download position IF for whatever reasons the download is discontinued. This longggggg download is like a disaster waiting to happen.

I'd hate to think my power goes out or something at 99.9%.
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who cant hunt, fish or ride.
Lowballer - Ancient tribal slang for a total waste of time, and hence, will be totally and utterly ignored.
"
emoqqboy wrote:
Dont wanna mention about the long time it takes to download the patch, BUT for pete's sake, can we at least get a reconnector to the downloader so at least it reconnects to the last known download position IF for whatever reasons the download is discontinued. This longggggg download is like a disaster waiting to happen.

It DOES start from the last downloaded position; the counter displayed it the % of what is LEFT to download, not the total already downloaded after restart.

So, the file is 1.8gbs. If you download 1GB, PC restarts, you would restart having to download the last 800mbs. The downloader will show 800MBs TOTAL needed to download...hence starting you from 0% of 800.
"
ozzy9832001 wrote:
"
emoqqboy wrote:

It DOES start from the last downloaded position; the counter displayed it the % of what is LEFT to download, not the total already downloaded after restart.

So, the file is 1.8gbs. If you download 1GB, PC restarts, you would restart having to download the last 800mbs. The downloader will show 800MBs TOTAL needed to download...hence starting you from 0% of 800.

When i came back and let the downloader rerun, it said files corrupted. Only solution was to delete the .ggpk file or something like that
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who cant hunt, fish or ride.
Lowballer - Ancient tribal slang for a total waste of time, and hence, will be totally and utterly ignored.
Seems like I got some sort of corrupted message as well when I went back to try to download. My laptop went into sleep mode and when i turned it back I had an error message. Now I'm trying to restart the download and it's stuck on "Checking Resources..." Great. I was at 75% after trying to download the game immediately after the servers restarted. The download speeds were abysmal but this is just ridiculous. Do I have to reinstall the game or delete the contents file?

Edit: Restarted the program as administrator. Checked resources finished after a few minutes and the game started up the download from where it left off - sweet!
Last edited by vintir on Aug 20, 2013, 9:54:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info