I restarted patch at 30% complete, and now I'm back to 0%

You guys seriously have no way of checking if files have already been downloaded?

"
verminoth wrote:
You guys seriously have no way of checking if files have already been downloaded?

It resumes where it left off.

The 0% is 0% of "remaining"... whatever that might be.

If initially it was 1.8GB, and you downloaded 1GB, it would say 0% of 800MB remaining.

It's fine if you need to restart it. It will resume near where it left off at.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
verminoth wrote:

It resumes where it left off.

The 0% is 0% of "remaining"... whatever that might be.

If initially it was 1.8GB, and you downloaded 1GB, it would say 0% of 800MB remaining.

It's fine if you need to restart it. It will resume near where it left off at.

Are you sure it does this? My power went out, came back to continue download and it said something about patch files being corrupted.
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who cant hunt, fish or ride.
Lowballer - Ancient tribal slang for a total waste of time, and hence, will be totally and utterly ignored.
it will have to redownload any corrupt or partial files, but yes... it will resume near where it left off.
you can also try running a packcheck to check for corruption. in extreme cases, a full download is the only solution unfortunately. hopefully you don't need to get the whole file again though.
Nah, it's doing it's job... only 1.05GB to go, but it's going so freaking slow I'm not even at 1% yet.....
"
Drakier wrote:
it will have to redownload any corrupt or partial files, but yes... it will resume near where it left off.

So let me understand this, first time i tried downloading the patch i had about 1.5gb to dl. My power goes out, i come back to continue downloading and now not only did i not get any of the 1.5gb my original files got corrupted, it prompts you to delete the .ggpk file and i now have 4gb to dl. This is working as intended, yes?
Vegetarian - Ancient tribal slang for the village idiot who cant hunt, fish or ride.
Lowballer - Ancient tribal slang for a total waste of time, and hence, will be totally and utterly ignored.
"
emoqqboy wrote:
"
Drakier wrote:

So let me understand this, first time i tried downloading the patch i had about 1.5gb to dl. My power goes out, i come back to continue downloading and now not only did i not get any of the 1.5gb my original files got corrupted, it prompts you to delete the .ggpk file and i now have 4gb to dl. This is working as intended, yes?

If your download became corrupt beyond recovery, then yes, you will need to download the whole file again. This only happens in catastrophic failures (like power outage). In most other circumstance, you can close and re-open the launcher and it will resume near where it left off... minus any partial or corrupted files it can recover. So if you downloaded 300 MB already and you DON'T have a catastrophic failure, when you restart, most of that 300MB will NOT need to be re-downloaded since it's in there and not corrupt.

This mainly becomes an issue when the file table becomes corrupted... which is separate from just the contents of a file being corrupt. If the contents of a single file are corrupt, that is recoverable. If the file table is corrupt, that cannot currently be easily rebuilt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info