[Bug] Game beaks down in "Old Fields" everytime using my new lightning warp build

With my new build (lightning warp + molten shell + tempest shield + spark totem + endurance cry + elemental weakness) the game crashes everytime playing in "Old Fields". Didnt happen in other lvls yet.

Using lightning warp as main attack...
Last edited by azraelb on Sep 15, 2012, 12:57:08 PM
Does it happen in the Rocky Climb as well?
Played through Rocky Climb without any problem. This doesnt happen in Rockey Climb (at least not every time).
I will try this lvl some more times with that build...
"
azraelb wrote:
Played through Rocky Climb without any problem. This doesnt happen in Rockey Climb (at least not every time).
I will try this lvl some more times with that build...

That level has archers with burning arrow, which would cause the sound crash, so that isn't your problem. Test it anywhere.
Lightning Warp can crash your game when you get hit with an arrow during its animation. It's a fairly old, known bug. Last I heard they didn't really know why it's occuring, hence there being no fix yet.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Lightning Warp can crash your game when you get hit with an arrow during its animation. It's a fairly old, known bug. Last I heard they didn't really know why it's occuring, hence there being no fix yet.

^ is correct. It was introduced in 0.9.6 and there's no estimated fix for it.
"
Vipermagi wrote:

Have done some more tests:

It seems that you are right, my client only crashes in old field while archers are shooting at me.

BUT I dont have this problem in e.g. "The ledge". In old fields the game crashed pretty fast every time (I cannot clear the lvl without crash), in the ledge I ported around archersfor quite a while and nothing happend (cleared the lvl multiple times)..

so I assume that this problem isnt caused by all kinds of archers?
Last edited by azraelb on Sep 15, 2012, 5:21:34 PM
Perhaps it's to do with the hit animations, since you're probably evading a lot of the lower level archers better.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info